Turning on e-mail notifications does not work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turning on e-mail notifications does not work

I tried to go to https://www.kubuntuforums.net/settings/notifications to turn on e-mail notifications, but when I try to save the settings, nothing gets saved and I land on a page saying "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page". Is it because my account is new (less than an hour)? I confirmed it. I read in the e-mail I got I cannot post attachments or edit my profile page andI understand that, but does it cover notifications too?

Yes. Permissions to edit ones Profile and Settings comes after you have made x number of posts. Once that happens, and the User Promotions system CRON runs (once per hour) you'll be moved into the Established Usergroup and your Title will change from Newbie to ObserverObserver to Newbie. You'll have access to update/modify your Profile and Settings.
    Last edited by Snowhog; Dec 25, 2021, 03:17 PM.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I see. It is kind of user unfriendly for people asking their first qustions here, as they cannot set e-mail notifications and may never come back, especially if they do not get a fast reply. But I will prevail!

Comment

Corrected my prior post. You have enough posts now that you should be able to edit your Profile and Settings. Have you tried?

There's a reason for controlling what we permit here, especially to brand new members. It isn't intended to be unfriendly. My apologies if you felt otherwise.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Yeah, now it works. I am sure the intentions are the best:-). I got replied quickly, so it was not an issue:-).

Comment

Working...
          X