Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

I've clicked the subscribe button on all the subforums, to get notifications for all the posts here on KFN. I'm not sure this is a good idea, perhaps I would be better just subscribing to threads I'm particularly interested in, but for now that's what I do.

But, there's one, General > Documentation, that if I click subscribe, I get the message in the title.
    Regards, John Little

I'll look into this.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Should now be fixed.

Comment

I get that message A LOT when trying to open pages here using my Bookmarks (in Firefox).
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Qqmike That shouldn't be an issue "if" you are logged in. If you aren't, then KFN treats you as a 'guest', and depending on where the link is taking you, the 'guest' likely doesn't have the necessary permissions.

Comment

I just picked at random a page to look at:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page. For assistance contact the site administrator.
            It was this page, from my Bookmarks in Firefox:

https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...l=1#post414074

I checked on THAT page to make sure I was logged in, and I was logged in. I tried several pages this morning; but got the same message.
            An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Not sure what to make of that, but it might be a 'cookie thing'.

Comment

Well, 18.04 is EOL as of last April, so my guess is the topic has been closed. Maybe it needs to be set to read-only?

Comment

Hmmm. I just cleared the cookies, it didn't seem to help.

Comment

I thinks I've resolved this issue. Please try again, and let me know the results.

Comment

I still have the problem. I picked two links from my Bookmarks to try, both gave the message of the OP:

https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...l=1#post417171
                      https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...l=1#post418284

as did the link in my post above:
                      https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...l=1#post414074

Comment

Try clearing your cache, logging out and back in.

Comment

I logged out. Then cleared the cache -- everything. Refreshed this page. Logged in. Then tried those three links in Post #11 -- they each gave that same message ...

Comment

Working...
                          X