This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Displaying Todays Posts

One of the things we loved in vBulletin 4.2.5 was its Todays Posts (or what ever it was called). We don't have that in vBulletin 5.6.4. But, there is a relatively simply way to get that listing of posts, even if already read.

Click on New Topics. Then click on Advanced Search. Select todays date in the Date Range From and To boxes. Click the Search Now button. Viola!
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
    Last edited by Snowhog; Oct 16, 2021, 08:35 AM.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Another way is to click on "Forums" in the upper left corner, then click on "Latest Activity", the middle of three options listed underneath Forums.
    On the right side of the bar below "Latest Activity" is a "Filter" option. Click on it, select "today", and "all" posts and then click outside that dialog. It disappears and all posts for today are listed.

What I'm looking for is a way to show only new posts today that I haven't read. AND, to mark all posts read regardless of I read them or not.

Can't change my profile settings because two fields complain about improper date and time formats. You've seen that one before.
    Last edited by GreyGeek; Oct 16, 2021, 10:28 AM.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Adding Today's Posts to the sub-nav bar under Forums is doable; other vBulletin 5.6.4 sites have it; I just haven't figured out how to do it yet. Well, I do know 'how', just not the vBulletin 5.6.4 file to point to to make it available; yet.

Added:
      I edited the Navigation Bar and saw that Today's Posts was in the list already. I just 'Saved' the page without making any changes, and Today's Posts is now showing in the sub-navigation bar under Forums.
      Last edited by Snowhog; Oct 16, 2021, 10:41 AM.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

And lo and behold, there it is! Way to go Snowhog!
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

i use this bookmark: https://www.kubuntuforums.net/search?searchJSON=%7B"last"%3A%7B"from"%3A"lastDay "%7D%2C"view"%3A"topic"%2C"starter_only"%3A+1%2C"s ort"%3A%7B"lastcontent"%3A"desc"%7D%2C"exclude_typ e"%3A%5B"vBForum_PrivateMessage"%5D%7D
          Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Thanks to tapatalk, I think, I am "subscribed" to lots of sub-forums. This results in me being subscribed to new threads in those sub-forums, and I get a "notification" for the new posts in those threads. So clicking on notifications, notifications, gives me a list somewhat like the "What's New" used to.
            Regards, John Little

Comment

Working...
            X