This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vBulletin mobile site only shows front page, no access to forums

Tapatalk played up for me yesterday, and wanted me to login to KFN again, but KFN did not accept the saved password, I don't know why. I tried to remember the password, but since I haven't used it for years I remembered it imperfectly.

Desperate to get my KFN fix, I tried using firefox on my phone, and since firefox's memory is better than mine, I logged in ok to a mobile friendly vBulletin rendition of KFN. However, that site didn't work, it only presented the "Front Page", and tapping on "Articles" or Posts or the little triangle beside it always presented a Navigation bar that had only one option, "Home", which takes one back to the "Front Page".

(At the bottom of that home page was a "full site" link, which worked, with a lot of zooming and scrolling on my 5 inch phone.)

Just thought I'd give feedback about the non-functional mobile site. Tapatalk is working correctly today, after using the correct password.
    Regards, John Little

I've just installed Firefox on my phone and it logged in properly and I've navigated the site just fine from here in lovely New South Wales. Dunno what would make it so what you saw

Comment

Where does this take you on the mobile site?
      https://www.kubuntuforums.net/mobile.php?do=gridmenu
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by life0riley View Post
        Where does this take you on the mobile site?
        https://www.kubuntuforums.net/mobile.php?do=gridmenu
        Thank you, that's works really well.
        If I use the URL "www.kubuntuforums.net", I get redirected to https://www.kubuntuforums.net/content.php, which looks like this:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-03-26-22-10-21.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	643152

tapping on "Articles" or "Posts" or the "<" gives:

Name:	Screenshot_2016-03-26-22-25-13.jpg
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	643153

tapping on anything goes back to the previous screen. It's the same if I use the Log in link at the bottom (off the bottom of the screen in the screenshot.

However, using "www.kubuntuforums.net/mobile.php?do=gridmenu" gives:

Name:	Screenshot_2016-03-26-22-18-35.jpg
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	643154

and the buttons work. If I log in I get:

Name:	Screenshot_2016-03-26-22-41-12.jpg
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	643155
        which has the "what's new", what I use all the time.
        Regards, John Little

Comment

I was already logged in when I copied that url for the post. My view was the same as your last screen shot.

I haven't used Tapatalk for this forum since I started using the mobile version.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X