This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank Good KF is back

I've had to install Kubuntu from scratch on my Lenvovo. I've had issues. I addressed them on other Linux boards because Kubuntu Forums were down. It's great to have the boards back. I'll be back to post about my troubles if the suggestions made on the other boards don't pan out.
    Kubuntu 22.04 (desktop & laptop), Windows 7 &2K (via VirtualBox on desktop PC)
    ================================

+ triple billion on that!!!!! Withdrawals big time!!!!!!

Comment

Sorry everyone! The server migration was more time consuming than expected and being sick with the flu, I only had enough energy to do the migration piece and not the testing. During testing, our awesome admins found multiple issues and worked to resolved them as soon as I could get their new accounts created. The delay was all me!! It has been a HORRIBLE week, but we're back!!Thanks,OS

Comment

I hope you feel better in the days ahead.

Comment

Nice to see the forums are back. Seems our favicon has reverted back to the stock vbulletin icon on migration. EDIT: hmm...anyone else having a problem with carriage returns?
          Last edited by kubicle; Jan 01, 2015, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Not here. But, I've placed the backup copy from my PC on the server. Clear your browser and kde caches and try again.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
              Not here. But, I've placed the backup copy from my PC on the server. Clear your browser and kde caches and try again.
              Thanks for the nudge into the right direction. I had already cleared my browser cache from within firefox (without effect). But since you mentioned it, I tested it with other browsers which showed the right favicon...so I manually removed mozilla cache and that seems to have fixed it.

Comment

If you're using Konqueror or Rekonq, you'll need to log out of KDE, switch to a virtual console, and remove the entire /var/tmp/kdecache-$USER/favicons directory.

Comment

Originally posted by Open Source View Post
                  Sorry everyone! The server migration was more time consuming than expected and being sick with the flu, I only had enough energy to do the migration piece and not the testing. During testing, our awesome admins found multiple issues and worked to resolved them as soon as I could get their new accounts created. The delay was all me!! It has been a HORRIBLE week, but we're back!!Thanks,OS
                  Just as long as you feel better. That's all that counts.

Comment

NOTE: I have noticed my signiture is gone. The Images are still in my profile but the sig is gone. Tried to reedit it and does not seem to save. Just FYI. No biggie really, just FYI.

Comment

See my post in the KFN Announcements forum. The broken IMG tag is affecting signatures, too.

Comment

Working...
                      X