This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm getting quickly signed out a lot - would like that to change

This can too easily happen when I'm in the middle of writing a complex post. It happens other times, too, when I don't expect it. My password keeper will fill in the required info to sign back in, so that's not a problem. It's just surprising how fast it happens, and also a bit irritating.

Otherwise, this is easily in my top three forums, both as to interface quality and quality and speed of responses.

You just have to allow cookies for https://www.kubuntuforums.net in your browser settings. If you allow KFN to set it's cookie, then you won't 'time out'. Without the cookie, the inactivity timeout setting is 15 minutes. Composing a post doesn't constitute activity -- moving between pages does. That isn't something we can change.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      You just have to allow cookies for https://www.kubuntuforums.net in your browser settings. If you allow KFN to set it's cookie, then you won't 'time out'. Without the cookie, the inactivity timeout setting is 15 minutes. Composing a post doesn't constitute activity -- moving between pages does. That isn't something we can change.
      OK, that makes sense, except that I'm not disallowing cookies. On the other hand, I hadn't checked that little "remember me" box on the long in page, and that surely what causes the cookie to be place. Looks like now I'm not getting logged out.

Thanks!

Comment

tomcloyd, I had the exact same problem you had. Snowhog's tip to check Remember Me will fix this for you.
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
        X