This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fed up with tapatalk smileys

I use Tapatalk to access the forum sometimes, and I find the indiscriminate application of smileys very annoying.
    There was a post today that referred to a Perl module Image::ObjectDetect, and tapatalk turns the ":O" into a smiley. I suppose KFN does it too, Class:ate is mangled by the web interface.

IMO a smiley that begins or ends with an alphabetic character should only be matched on a word boundary, \b in extended regex syntax. Better still, strictly surrounded be whitespace only, please, or only those smileys that use the yzzy: syntax.

Anyway, in tapatalk 1 there was supposedly an "app setting" to turn off smileys. Well, in tapatalk pro 4.4.5 I can't find it. Google hasn't helped, any signal swamped by those who want tapatalk to grok their forum's peculiar smileys. If anyone could help me turn them off I'd be very grateful.

Regards, John Little
    Last edited by Snowhog; Feb 20, 2014, 11:44 PM.
    Regards, John Little

Code:
    :)
    Since tapatalk is at 4, and the last "classic" version available (2.something) was removed from TT's forum/support area, one would have to search for it out in the wild ( it does exist, not sure if it will help or not)

I don't know it there are any settings on the forum end to help in this area.

Comment

Frustrating sometimes, isn't it!

If Tapatalk was free software, we could tapa- it better.

Too bad

I am writing this from TT though... don't put me down as a hater!
      samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X