This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal message which isn't viewable?

I've just logged in and I've noticed that I received a personal message. The thing is, when I tried to open the inbox there was nothing there. So my account states that I received a message but my inbox is completely empty and it stays empty independent of how many times I open the inbox folder.

So what's wrong with this picture?

Re: Personal message which isn't viewable?

Strange but I have the same problem. "Hey, Christmas, you have 1 message, 0 are new." As I can't remember when I read the message if I go there I can't find a section with messages marked as read.
    Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air...<br />My Kubuntu Help Page My Linux Scripts &amp; Plugins Page My Blog

Comment

PM'ing(Personal Messaging)has been disabled due to a recent spam attack on the entire forum. When the site Moderator "Open Source" figures out whats all going on, I am sure he will open pm'ing back up to everyone.
      &quot;Time fades even legend&quot;<br />-Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Comment

You prpbably got the same PM spam we all got, and also some got on PCLinuxOS' PM system as well......
        Originally posted by GreatBunzinni
        So what's wrong with this picture?
        And I really don't think you want to see that picture............ <vbg>

Comment

Originally posted by soitbean
          PM'ing(Personal Messaging)has been disabled due to a recent spam attack on the entire forum. When the site Moderator "Open Source" figures out whats all going on, I am sure he will open pm'ing back up to everyone.
          Same problem, but I get the pm in my e-mail inbox. It's indeed a spam-message.
          I get the pm in my pm-inbox too, "hey SJ, you have 1 ..." , but I can't read it in there indeed. But I always receive an e-mail so I can read the pm anyhow.
          I've disabled this function. I've got more then plenty e-mails during the day.
          I use Firefox because it&#39;s better and safer, I use Linux because it&#39;s the best of the best. Together they are like magic. USE THE FORCE, CHOOSE FREE AS IN FREEDOM!

Comment

That offending PM has been deleted so it's not showing in our inbox, even if it says that we have a new message.
            Personal Messaging has been temporarily disabled until further notice.
            Jucato&#39;s Data Core

Comment

Originally posted by Jucato
              That offending PM has been deleted so it's not showing in our inbox, even if it says that we have a new message.
              Personal Messaging has been temporarily disabled until further notice.
              Euhm... How is it possible then that I can read the pm in my e-mailinbox?

It's about 6 days ago that I get this from (I read it's a spamrobot) Don Johnson:

You have just been sent a personal message by Don Johnson on Kubuntu Forums.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

The message they sent you was:

If you have some time check out this COOL website:
              >>removed link<<
              Rest-assured this is great entertainment!!!
              Also, check out the following website I came across:
              >>removed link<<
              It will knock your socks off!
              Finally, the below website is the absolute BOMB!!!
              >>removed link
              ENJOY!!!

>>removed "picture<<

Reply to this Personal Message here: http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...9;quote;u=8106
              But I don't mind. I get a lot of e-mails during the day, and spam is included. Pfff, just ignore the spam. Or remove it. If I get an e-mail from someone I don't know, it don't opened it... But because everyone was telling there was a spambot, I wanted to see into the e-mail. Didn't opend the links in the e-mail trough.
              I use Firefox because it&#39;s better and safer, I use Linux because it&#39;s the best of the best. Together they are like magic. USE THE FORCE, CHOOSE FREE AS IN FREEDOM!

Comment

I should have been more specific. I meant the KubuntuForums.Net Inbox, not your e-mail inbox.

Sorry about that.
                Jucato&#39;s Data Core

Comment

No, I'm sorry. I need to read better. And I need to learn the English-language much better.

But, my good Gmail-account added that e-mail right into the spamfolder. It's a good e-mailservice. :P

Comment

Yep. Gmail did that for me, too.

No need to apologize. I was also be quite vague.
                    Jucato&#39;s Data Core

Comment

I own and run http://linuxfordummies.org and the same spam bot hit my forums as well. Plus a good friend of mine run http://linuxfornewbies.org and his got the same spam as well 3 days later. Sad that people don't have better things to do with their time than to setup these spam bots and such.

Comment

Working...
                      X