This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New replies to my posts

The old version of the forum had a "new replies" facility in a prominent place whereby I could see any new replies to my posts. I found that very valuable, but it seems to have gone missing. I would very much like to have it back.

I would say the same here +1
    Dave Kubuntu 20.04 Registered Linux User #462608

Wireless Script: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...5#post12350385

Comment

You are asking for "new replies" to just your posts, not "new posts" across the board, correct?

Thanks

Comment

Hi
        If "your posts"

If you click your name and then click my posts under your avatar you will see all of your last posts arranged in order by time. Below that in the next little window down, you will see the last thread you visited.

I don't see a "unread posts" thing anywhere I go to the top and "quick links" and today's posts.

That would assume that you read all of the posts from yestiddy that you wanted or that you marked them as read.

woodsmoke
        sigpic
        Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Top left corner "New Posts" link will show any new post that you haven't read. It is supported by time, so you can just skim down the list until you hit midnight the night before and stop if you like. I then click the "Mark Forums Read" link in the top center of the page. Am I understanding correctly?

Comment

Originally posted by Open Source View Post
            Top left corner "New Posts" link will show any new post that you haven't read. It is supported by time, so you can just skim down the list until you hit midnight the night before and stop if you like. I then click the "Mark Forums Read" link in the top center of the page. Am I understanding correctly?
            Not quite.

In another forum I frequent in the "What's New" section there's a dropdown called "My Posts" that links to search.php?do=finduser&userid=xxxxxx&contenttype=v BForum_Post&starteronly=0&nocache=1

edit: This url works - I guess one could bookmark it if they wanted, just replace the xxxxx with your member ID number.

http://www.kubuntuforums.net/search.php?do=finduser&userid=xxxxx&contenttype=v BForum_Post&starteronly=0&nocache=1
            Last edited by wizard10000; Jan 27, 2012, 06:27 PM.
            we see things not as they are, but as we are.
            -- anais nin

Comment

Working...
            X