This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New post todays post section.

Hi one of the most successfull sections on Ubuntu is the New posts now Todays posts for a specific reason. It allows tecki trawlers to go through all the new post where newbs are asking for help all in one section and go through the headers and offer there assistance if it is something they know about. Ubuntu uses a drop down menu type thingy but we could possibly use the current recent posts adding a new or todays posts section and add a section that does a new post search so it will look almost exactly like a furum section.
    "I Come From the Net, through Systems, Peoples and cities...to this place, MAINFRAME, My format, Guardian, to mend and defend, to protect my new found freinds, thier hopes and dreams, to defend them from...Thier enemies"

Re: New post todays post section.

Originally posted by Guardian_Bob
    Hi one of the most successfull sections on Ubuntu is the New posts now Todays posts for a specific reason.
    Amen, brother! That feature on Ubuntuforums.org is like a nice warm pair of soft cotton underwear. It just fits. Searching each individual forum here for fresh posts is like starin' at a banana stand at the grocery store. Some look "green", others kinda yeller, but it could just be the light for all you know, so you go picking through each stalk and checking 'em for bruises. Kind of time consuming for us bachelors in a hurry for the Swanson's section...

I really don't know where I'm going with this analogy of mine but I don't know about you guys but I just got the hunkering for some juicy golden brown bananas. Mmm...bananas...fry 'em up in palm oil and slap some maple syrup all over 'em...mmmm....

A "Today's post" would be bananareffic!

Comment

that sounds like a good idea. I will try to code that into the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by skoal
        That feature on Ubuntuforums.org is like a nice warm pair of soft cotton underwear. It just fits. Searching each individual forum here for fresh posts is like starin' at a banana stand at the grocery store. Some look "green", others kinda yeller, but it could just be the light for all you know, so you go picking through each stalk and checking 'em for bruises. Kind of time consuming for us bachelors in a hurry for the Swanson's section...
        lol very funny
        cheers!
        -=|From the desk of|=-
        «•´`•.(*•.¸(`•.¸ ¸.•´)¸.•*).•´`•»
        «•´¨*•.¸¸whoiam55.¸¸.•*¨`•»
        «•´`•.(¸.•´(¸.•* *•.¸)`•.¸).•´`•»
        Reg. Linux User # 400637

Comment

maybe you could integrate it into MKportal?
          <br /><br />*temp. hiatus from forums due to comp + net broken* :&#039;(

Comment

Working...
          X