Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a link or setting to let me choose to view all new posts since my last visit? I find it hard to wade through forums without such an option.

Re: New Posts

I am looking for an option for viewing new posts, but I don't see it. I will try to modify the code if possible. Also you can see the 10 newest posts at the bottom of the forums. That might be slightly helpful.

I'll keep looking.

Comment

I think the Ubuntu forum does it with a date search as Todays post shows up with a search results at the top of it
      "I Come From the Net, through Systems, Peoples and cities...to this place, MAINFRAME, My format, Guardian, to mend and defend, to protect my new found freinds, thier hopes and dreams, to defend them from...Thier enemies"

Comment

Hi, I'd like to have an option similiar to IPB or phpBB. These have a link on their forum home "View posts since last visit". Clicking that link shows all threads with posts since my last visit. Every forum that I'm subscribed to has this option, I miss it dearly in this one. The "View last 10 posts" does not distinguish between threads I have read already or not, also it doesn't show the thread but only single posts.

Cheers,
        Dominik

Comment

I have to say if this feature doesn't reappear (oddly enough, it was around before the forum "upgraded"), I probably won't be hanging around here much any more. I can't weed through every subforum to find out where the new posts are, and if there were more than ten posts since my last visit, the recent posts option doesn't help much.

In order to make the community lively and ensure that new users get helped, a "new posts" option is a must for this forum.
          Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

ok, I am in the process of adding this features. I will hopefully have it added within 72 hours. Thanks for your patience.

Comment

Thanks so much!
              Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

Ok, it should be working now. If you look at the top of the page to the right of the kubuntu forums logo, there is a link for "Show unread posts since last visit." There is also a link for "Show new replies to your posts." Let me know if anyone has any problems with them, or if the links don't work properly.

Thanks

Comment

cool, I think it would be good if you move them to bottom.
                  cheers!
                  -=|From the desk of|=-
                  «•´`•.(*•.¸(`•.¸ ¸.•´)¸.•*).•´`•»
                  «•´¨*•.¸¸whoiam55.¸¸.•*¨`•»
                  «•´`•.(¸.•´(¸.•* *•.¸)`•.¸).•´`•»
                  Reg. Linux User # 400637

Comment

Saw the links top right when I logged in this morning.

First thing I clicked on. That and the new replies to my posts 8)
                    Blog: Tasty Tidbits

Comment

Very nice!

Thanks for adding both!

Comment

No problem, let me know if anyone else agrees with whoiam55.

Originally posted by whoiam55
                        cool, I think it would be good if you move them to bottom.
                        Or are they fine where they are?

Thanks

Comment

I prefer them at the top.

They are the first links that I click on when I go to the page, so I'd like them to stay where they are so I don't have to scroll down before I click ;-)
                          Blog: Tasty Tidbits

Comment

Originally posted by thumper
                            I prefer them at the top.

They are the first links that I click on when I go to the page, so I'd like them to stay where they are so I don't have to scroll down before I click ;-)
                            Ditto here

Comment

Working...
                            X