X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why SMF?

Why not MyBB or something similar?.

I just don't understand why so many people seem to be using SMF over the other forum softwares out there.

Re: Why SMF?

Because of the numerous features, cost, and performance.

Comment

But MyBB is free

Comment

So is SMF...I will check out MyBB, but so far SMF has suited us well.

Comment

+1 for SMF I use it on a couple of my forums & it works great.

Cary
          The Ubuntu Counter Project - user number # 7859, registered Linux user 470405 Lenovo T510 Kubuntu Trusty 64bit, Intel Core i5-560M, 8 GB PC3-DDR3 SDRAM - 1067 MHz, NVIDIA NVS 3100m PCI Express, Wireless Centrino N 6300 My website http://www.qah.org.au

Comment

I see smf on more forums out there these days, so they must be putting out something people like setting up and using

Comment

Originally posted by Open Source
              Because of the numerous features, cost, and performance.
              Have you considered phpbb?

But I dont think the forum needs to switch since it works. But if you would want to switch would all the topics still be here?
              My Local Repository<br />Forums I am active on<br />Please help me with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

you would have to find something to convert the database information and format over to one that that the new software uses. Which sometimes means paying someone to do it if there is no ready conversion tool. Often all you can 'import' is user info so logins are not lost

Comment

This forum was initially started using phpbb, but I switched it to smf due to the larger assortment of features available.

Thanks

Comment

Was switching to SMF easy? Did you have to convert anything?
                    My Local Repository<br />Forums I am active on<br />Please help me with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yes, there was some conversion necessary, however, as I recall, it was builtin to SMF's installation package. Typically when switching between forum software, a conversion piece is necessary.

Comment

Working...
                      X