X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu Website

Hey There,

I'm not too sure if this falls under artwork, but I think the Kubuntu website layout needs a slight relook. I'm not criticising the current look, but of the few things I've noticed:
    --> There's always a horizontal scrollbar, both in firefox and konqueror
    --> It doesn't look as professional(in my opinion) as the ubuntu website.
    --> All the news appears on the front page, and there isn't too much information about the OS itself on the front page
    --> I think there should be a page, easily accessible explaining the GPL, and exactly what free software represents in a lot of detail.

I dont know... I might be too harsh... what does everyone else think?

Cheers,
    Lex

Re: Kubuntu Website

First of all, you will note that I moved this topic to Site Improvements, because that's what you're suggesting. Site improvement suggestions are always welcome.

Regarding your concerns:
    I don't see the horizontal scroll bar that concerns you. I cannot reproduce it by shrinking the horizontal size of the Firefox window. This may be a function of the horizontal pixel width of your display.

Also, when you say that this site does not look as professional as the Ubuntu website, which Ubuntu site are you referring to? This is not an official site maintained by paid employees of Canonical, rather it is a spontaneous effort by Open Source. I cannot speak for him, but I suspect that he would welcome some help with the graphical aspects of the site.

I can't comment on your third arrow. With regard to your fourth comment, the Ubuntu philosophy with regard to these matters is discussed at length on the official web sites, but you're welcome to start a thread on this topic at this site. I think everyone has opinions about the whole free vs. open vs. non-free issue.

Comment

Originally posted by lexxonnet
      Hey There,

I'm not too sure if this falls under artwork, but I think the Kubuntu website layout needs a slight relook. I'm not criticising the current look, but of the few things I've noticed:
              --> There's always a horizontal scrollbar, both in firefox and konqueror
              --> It doesn't look as professional(in my opinion) as the ubuntu website.
              --> All the news appears on the front page, and there isn't too much information about the OS itself on the front page
              --> I think there should be a page, easily accessible explaining the GPL, and exactly what free software represents in a lot of detail.

I dont know... I might be too harsh... what does everyone else think?

Cheers,
      Lex
      Just to clarify...are you talking about these forums (kubuntuforums.net) or the official kubuntu site (kubuntu.org) ? :P

Comment

lol... I was talking about kubuntu.org
        I always did assume that kubuntu.org was affiliated with this forum site! I'm sorry... I'm a little new to the entire community :P

Comment

Working...
        X