This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I... "know a lot"?

I like the idea of having little descriptions next to people's usernames, but why is mine "Knows a lot."

I'd prefer to have "Always learning," even though I have 500 posts.

Any chance we could change those descriptions?
    Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Re: I... &quot;know a lot&quot;?

Haha, I just made up phrases, but you can post your thoughts on what phrases to use. I will see about adding a mod to let you write what you want. There are seven tiers to the star system, so if you would like to, or anyone else for that matter, write up your favorite phrases.

Comment

But you do know a lot, aysiu. And that's good! Hehehe!
      We need more people like you over here.
      Jucato&#39;s Data Core

Comment

I actually don't, but I do know more than I did a year ago.

I just don't know if I agree with 500 posts meaning "I know a lot." Maybe it should be "I post a lot"?
        Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

Originally posted by aysiu
          I just don't know if I agree with 500 posts meaning "I know a lot." Maybe it should be "I post a lot"?
          What a good observation. It could also mean "I just don't get it, but I'm persistent."

Comment

Yeah, but for me, aysiu really knows a lot, at least lots more than me.
            He's become one of my favorite (and first) Ubuntu "gurus" ever since I've read his essays/tutorials (and that was before I even met him in the forums. Just found a link then discovered it was made by aysiu).

That, and I love his avatar (and the name of his site). I love cats.
            Jucato&#39;s Data Core

Comment

Oh, don't get me wrong. I agree with you.

Aysiu has personally helped me to fix at least one problem with my computer.

But, I know how Aysiu probably feels. If and When I learn as much as he has about this OS, I'll still probably feel like I have a far ways to go.

Comment

... not to mention that some one who hasn't met aysiu (or doesn't know that the text under the names are only editable by admin/mods) might think that he's a bit presumptuous.

Hmm... just realized I'm "on a roll". Probably coz I'm "on a roll" in posting stuff?
                Jucato&#39;s Data Core

Comment

Working...
                X