This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search is hard to use

In this forum if you want to look up one of your past postings you have to specify a subject otherwise you'll get no results. What if you just want to review some or all of your past postings or can't quite remember the subject key words. Other forums allow you to do that.

Re: Search is hard to use

If you go to your profile and click the link at the bottom that says "Show the Last Posts of this Person," then you will see all of your posts.

Comment

But without key words, how would one do a search? If the posts are in their right sections (eg: Dapper, Software), you can search only within this section.
      I am not saying the search method of this site or that site is perfect, I encourage you to write your suggestions down, so everybody can benefit from it.

Comment

A workable solution:

Click Search then on Advanced search

*Something* must be in the "Search for" field. Put in a single vowel (a, e, i, or u). Enter your user name in the "By user" field and hit enter. If you have a lot of posts, the search may take a while, so be patient. Doing a search in this manner will result in finding every post you made. It may be on more than one screen, but all will be found.

Now, all you have to do is 1) scroll/scan manually through each screen looking for the post you want, or 2) press ctrl+f (a 'windows' find), type in your search word/phrase and hit enter. If a match is found on the current screen, you will know. If not, refine the search, or continue the search on subsequent screens (if there are more screens).

This does work.

UPDATE: As to the post by Open Source:
        If you go to your profile and click the link at the bottom that says "Show the Last Posts of this Person," then you will see all of your posts.
        That does bring up *ALL* of your posts (mine comes up with 37 pages). Again, on any of those screens (pages) you can scroll/scan manually or do ctrl+f 'windows' find searches. Open Sources way is faster.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X