This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forums show email address

I am kinda pissed. I bought a domain name 2 years ago to have private email where I would get no spam, and I have had NONE in two years. In the last couple of weeks I have been getting spam.

When I signed up on these forums it said I must provide a valid email addy - which I did. I also had the option in my profile to "Hide my email address from the public" I checked that option. I see that my email address was not hidden. I double checked in my profile to make sure it was marked to not allow the public to see my addy and it was.

Maybe it was just a forum glitch but I am not pleased. It was nice to know my kids could have email access without getting adds to enlarge their penis, now those days are gone ...

Re: Forums show email address

Hidden as in hidden from others who view your profile, not hidden when you look at your profile.

As to email mining by bots - I don't know if Open Source, the forum owner, has that covered. I'd expect that he does, but, you can always send him an email and ask.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
      you can always send him an email and ask
      Or search the forum's archive, since this topic is "old hat" ... :P

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3084432.0

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. I should have done a forum search first, I just posted when I was feeling ticked off and didn't think of it. I just assumed that something like the official Kubuntu forums would be setup properly and I was safe giving my personal email addy instead of a hotmail one. As I already said above 2 years of a "clean" inbox is now ruined after signing up here.

What's done is done. I don't want to be negative but I also don't want to pretend I'm not pissed about it and maybe this will be fixed now so others don't run into this.

Comment

Working...
        X