This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum Validation.

There are most awesome badges at the bottom of the forum pages talking about how the forum should validate xhtml 1.0, but the HTML Validator extension for my Firefox speaks differently. It looks like a lot of it is lack of summary in table tags, link tags having placeholders instead of urls, and useless span tags.

I haven't tried validating the css yet though, so I'm not sure how that stands up.

I don't have any direct experience with the board system used for these forums, but I think at least some of the errors could be trimmed out easily in the templates. Other errors seem to be something within the board code, so I wouldn't have any idea where to start looking to fix it.

Re: Forum Validation.

Also, the page background isn't explicitly set. Is that intended to be white, gray, or does it really not matter? My default color is a light purple, which doesn't look horrible with it, but I know wasn't intended. At least the style doesn't lose function or look absolutely horrible with the background unset.

Adding "background-color: #ffffff; into the body {} part of the style sheet seems to fix it though.

Comment

Hmm, I tried an html validation on your post and it balked on lines like: valign="left". Maybe it should try align = "top"

Comment

I'd need access to the forum's templates to fix the problems. :P

Comment

Working...
        X