Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the search need to be case sensitive?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the search need to be case sensitive?

I'm currently having problems with deKorator, and may be making a post asking for help soon, but I did notice while attempting to search and see if anyone else has had a similar problem that "dekorator" and "deKorator" yield very different search results, the former not returning anything related to deKorator. Is the search function in this forum set up to be case sensitive? Or is it just giving more priority to search results based upon this case sensitivity?

If it's the former, I would suggest making the search case neutral, as newbies aren't always going to get the case correct when searching for help in a particular program. A lot of linux newbies come from the windows world, and there case sensitivity is often ignored at best.

Also, anything that helps people come up with better search results is going to make for less repeat questions. That's good, right?

Re: Does the search need to be case sensitive?

I have found that it was posted as a bug, but I have yet to find a fix for it. I will try and work on it, but it will take time due to my recent busy schedule. Thanks for finding the issue.

Comment

Working...
    X