This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blog WYSIWYG editor isn't

I have been trying to post some sample C++ code into the blog. Unfortunately I have almost come to the state of punching this computer, which wouldn't really help the situation.

When submitting text it escapes most of the characters:
    " -> "
    & -> &
    < -> <

Since C++ uses < and > a lot, it makes this a little frustrating. Clicking between the main editor and the HTML one, you loose all your stuff in angle brackets.

Is there a way to disable the WYSIWYG editor and just use HTML? Or perhaps get it to escape the angle brackets too?

There is no way at the moment to get an angle bracket to appear.

#include <string> -> #include
    #include &lt;string&gt; -> #include &lt;string&gt;

So no joy there...
    Blog: Tasty Tidbits

Re: Blog WYSIWYG editor isn't

I have disabled the WYSIWYG editor using Adblock, an extension for Firefox. Here's my block code:
    Code:
    http://*kubuntuforums.net/*/tiny_mce/*
    Although, I'm not sure the problem will be fixed.
    <br /><br />*temp. hiatus from forums due to comp + net broken* :&#039;(

Comment

Thanks Nirvana. That solved some of the problems.

One of the things I was trying to do was to have stylized pre blocks and spans. Using the WYSIWYG editor was just getting in the way, and wasn't keeping the classes on the HTML tags.

The current problems I have identified through trial and error are:
      - the less than character (<) gets translated from &lt; to < on submission of the form, so it screws up the display (ie. it won't show as it thinks the contents is an HTML tag, not an include or C++ template directive).
      - when submitting blog text it converts all your carriage returns into <br /> tags, which is not what I always want. This one is not too hard to overcome as I now write my entries in Kate and paste into the window.
      - round trip editing is a problem, partly due to the last issue where it looses the carriage returns and partly due to its processing of escaped characters. If I use &#060; for < it now gets saved correctly, but if I then want to edit one of the posts, it is shown in the editor as <, which then is an HTML tag character, and you are back to the world of hurt with that.

I have followed the link on the bottom of the blogs to http://www.mkportal.it/ but I don't really want to submit any bug reports until I know that it is a bug, and not a configuration issue.

Comment

I can post it up on the mkportal forum to see if there is a better fix. Sorry it is so much trouble for you.

Comment

I'm not so bothered by it now that I have got work arounds for it.

However it would be easier to edit if the round trip editing was better (no <br/> and proper escaped text).

One other thing. Any way to get english buttons for editing and deleting entries?

Also keywords somewhere for accessing archives?

Comment

i will see if there is an iconset i can snag for the english buttons

Comment

Working...
            X