This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 18.04 Notification Settings

Whenever I get a notification in the top right corner I instinctively click it in the hope that it will go away - like it does on my Mint XFCE installation. Instead, it 'activates' - i.e. opens the app, mail, browser etc. Note, this is without clicking the 'activate' button.

So the question is: What can I do so that clicking the notification just closes it without activating it?

Thanks

Nothing, as far as I can recall. Notifications are not terribly configurable in Plasma 5.12
    In the latest Plasma 5.16, you can decrease the popup time , the default is 5 seconds. There is no way to do that in the Plasma version in 18.04 as far as I can see. In 5.16, there is no click to dismiss. I think this is a design feature, as it is supposed to pop up, then get out of your way.

Can we assume you have moved the default notification location, or have moved the panel to the top of the screen? Normally they are on the bottom right.
    What 'activate' button do you see?

Comment

Don't you see a "close" button on the notifications generated by, say, Spectacle?

I don't know about notifications from your browser if you've allowed sites to send you notifications. I don't allow notifications from sites.
      Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Yeah, I use a panel at the top so top right notifications for me: https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...l=1#post428113

I'm pretty sure there's no 'close' button although I can take a closer look tomorrow when I can work from the Kubuntu install.

Comment

Don't know if this is of any use for you, but for me it's handy. When the notification pops up if I press two times on the Tab-key, the focus goes to a little close button. If I press space, the message disappears and if it's the only message the notification panel closes.

Comment

Originally posted by Goeroeboeroe View Post
            Don't know if this is of any use for you, but for me it's handy. When the notification pops up if I press two times on the Tab-key, the focus goes to a little close button. If I press space, the message disappears and if it's the only message the notification panel closes.
            Well, definitely worth a try. I'm on the Kubuntu machine today eagerly awaiting a notification. Nothing so far...typical.

Comment

Originally posted by deanr View Post
              Well, definitely worth a try. I'm on the Kubuntu machine today eagerly awaiting a notification. Nothing so far...typical.
              Take a screenshot with Spectacle. Doesn't that give you a notification?
              Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Maybe I'm going mad. The only notifications I'm getting now all clearly have a close (X) button top-right. Hmm.

I'll need to have an extended use of this OS on a day when I'm not rushed off my feet and monitor the situ further...

Comment

In my experience sometimes the only way to not get mad is to stop trying to understand magical things happening in my computer...

Comment

Working...
                  X