Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

another switcher - Lenovo IdeaPad Y530 :)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another switcher - Lenovo IdeaPad Y530 :)

well, I just finished loading the new Kubuntu 9.04 to my Lenovo laptop. unfortunately, I haven't gotten to play with it yet. I'm excited to get home tonight after work and get busy setting everything up.

a quick look around before I had to leave, and I wasn't able to find the option to set up my wireless 'net. I know, I know... SEARCH. LOL

I'll do some digging around tonight on the forum here, and then some more when I get home on the laptop and see what I can dig up.

anyway, I am pretty sick of Vista right now, and I've only heard good things about Kubuntu, so I decided it was time to make the big switch. the OS loaded fine... I had no issues at all.

if there's any known issues with the Y530, let me know. since my PC is giving me fits right now, I'll be on my laptop quite a bit.

thanks!
    Lenovo IdeaPad Y530<br />custom-built HTPC/gaming rig - Core I7, Asus P6T Deluxe, 6GB Corsair Dominator, HD4870 vid, 2x500GB in RAID 0, Hauppage TV tuner, Thermaltake DH102 case

Re: another switcher - Lenovo IdeaPad Y530

The only problem with the Y530 that I could find on the (semi-)official Ubuntu Launchpad site had to do with the speaker staying on with headphones plugged in.

Comment

Re: another switcher - Lenovo IdeaPad Y530

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/ThinkWiki is always an invaluable source when running Linux on any Thinkpad.

Comment

Working...
      X