This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switching from Mail.App to.... Kmail?

Please don't consider this as a message intending to cause dispute. I'm seriously asking for assistance and opinions! I am currently attempting to use Kmail (Kontact PIM) and have switched over from using Mail.app since I gave away that laptop.

I'm also usually an Ubuntu user in the linux department, and have also switched over to KDE after 9.04 and how polished KDE4 looks. So now I find myself on Kmail and would like to know if anyone knows if it is possible to have the same pretty stationery as Mail.app in Mac.

If you are unfamiliar with the stationery please don't answer thinking it's a header with a logo. The mail.app had custom templates that you could apply to messages which (I believe they were quasi-html) could be used for greeting cards, pasting your face into a border, etc. They were really quite neat.

Is it possible, or is there something like this in Kmail? If not, is there a mail application that will do this? I looked around but it's hard to formulate a good search for GOOGLE so I get a ton of junk responses. I saw GNUmail.app but it doesn't yet have HTML support in messages which knocks it off the list for now.

Thanks for reading, and (hopefully) answering!

Re: Switching from Mail.App to.... Kmail?

To clarify further, here is a site that has some samples of stationery for Mail.App, this would be what I am looking to duplicate, it makes it easier to customize a greeting card and send it than finding some ad-ridden site to send from.

http://www.jumsoft.com/stationery/samples/

Thanks!

Kaylus

Comment

Re: Switching from Mail.App to.... Kmail?

Don't know whether you will find this of interest - I'm going to give it a go myself when I get home tonight.

http://email.about.com/od/mozillathu..._sig_image.htm

Comment

Working...
      X