Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi, I'm moving from ubuntu to kubuntu (sorry if this is in the wrong place)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I'm moving from ubuntu to kubuntu (sorry if this is in the wrong place)

And I just have a couple of questions.

The first one is when I right click and go to appearence settings and then click on
    Code:
    get new wallpaper
    I don't get any new wallpapers to choose from, do I need to add something to my software sources to do this? (like when I added medibuntu?)

The 2nd question is I like the package manager, but I really loved the acidrip package in regular ubuntu, but I don't see it in kubuntu? As far as I can tell I've enabled all the software sources in the package manager but I don't see it there. I had also heard lots of good things about K9copy as well, but I don't see it available either.

And my last questions.. (Hope I am not throwing too much into one post, sorry in advance if I am!)

I used asunder to rip my CD collection into flac in Ubuntu, when I click on properties on those flac files it doesn't show my tags listed... (I know that they are there because I installed Songbird and it sorts the files just fine, they just are not showing up for some reason with the files... Nautilus also showed the tags just fine..).ogg files show the tags just as they should.. but it's just the .flac files that are doing it... AND finally.....Amarok, does it have an issue with playing .flac? I had some wma's that I converted to .flac and they simply will not play in Amarok... Songbird they play, Rhytmbox they play fine... but for some reason Amarok just won't do it...

Sorry if I have run on and on folks... I have been using Ubuntu for about a year now and installed a new HD in my machine so I am working with a fresh install of Kubuntu 9.04 WiFi and everything else is working fine and great, I guess I just need to learn the little differences in KDE and how it is different than gnome. (So I can get around the system, I just need to learn the little ins and outs)

Well thanks for taking the time to read this! And I hope everybody is having a great day!

Re: Hi, I'm moving from ubuntu to kubuntu (sorry if this is in the wrong place)

Wellcome !

This is with the Kubuntu 9.04 / KDE 4.2

Wallpapers

The "Get New Wallpaper" should connect to the > KDE-Look.org and download the images to the ~/.kde/share/wallpapers/.

From the repositories:
    kdewallpapers - wallpapers released with KDE 4
    kdebase-workspace-wallpapers - extra wallpapers from the KDE 4 base module

Acidrip / repositories

The Ubuntu repositories = Kubuntu repositories = Xubuntu repositories. > FAQ: Repositories and there are options for the package management > FAQ: Package Managers

Here the KPackageKit is showing the Acidrip.

Flac tags / Amarok

Here the the Dolphin's Information panel / properties don't show the flac tags. Maybe with the KDE 4.3...

An alternative is to use a service menu / context menu > Topic: Mediainfo application on Linux.

Here the Amarok 2.1 seems to play flacs without problems but this is not a proof of anything. We don't have same flacs or same applications/libs installed.

Did you get error messages with the Amarok ?
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Working...
    X