This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem downloading DVD combo image

I had no trouble downloading the amd64 live cd rom image, but when I try to download the DVD image, I get the file name and zero bytes. I was having the same trouble with the KNOPPIX dvd until I used an ftp client and went to their ftp site and pulled it down (all three gigs). I also tried wackget, and it does the same thing (works fine with the ubuntu cd image, chokes on the dvd image). Do you suppose you could put the iso images on an ftp server somewhere?

thx,
    d

Re: Problem downloading DVD combo image

I guess problem is somewhere else :-? you are in windows, right ? check to disk space first. check you are not using a download manager that downloads files in split pieces and then later joins them, try wellget, its a nice download manager if you are in windows.
    cheers!
    -=|From the desk of|=-
    «•´`•.(*•.¸(`•.¸ ¸.•´)¸.•*).•´`•»
    «•´¨*•.¸¸whoiam55.¸¸.•*¨`•»
    «•´`•.(¸.•´(¸.•* *•.¸)`•.¸).•´`•»
    Reg. Linux User # 400637

Comment

Re: Problem downloading DVD combo image

I had no problem downloading the Knoppix DVD iso image from an FTP site with FileZilla. I just am having no success downloading the Kubuntu DVD iso image from the Kubuntu website (although I successfully downloaded the Ubuntu CD iso image from the Ubuntu website). Don't know what the problem could be...

d

Comment

Working...
      X