Clear All

Office Writer question

In 18.04, Libre Office 6.0.7.3:

I swear I have looked at everything but can't find it. This:

Let's say I type the word "start," like this:

start

LO Writer keeps giving me an autocomplete option, like this:

start starting

where the word-option "starting" is in write letters on black field, right?

If I hit the Return key, I get that option, which I don't want. Etc. I think you see the issue.

How -- in the world -- in this world, planet Earth -- do I turn that option OFF?
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Maybe:
    To eliminate Autocomplete in LO Writer, it's: Tools>AutoCorrect>AutoCorrect Options>Word Completion>Uncheck "Enable Word Completion">Hit Okay.
    Last edited by Snowhog; Aug 09, 2021, 11:31 AM.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I have Version: 6.4.7.2 and it does not do this. Maybe an upgrade will fix it? Oh I have "Enable Word Completion" turned on.

Comment

Snowhog, OMG, that's it. Many thanks. (I won't go on about how/why I missed it ... that would only make me look 'more stupider.' I did practice that Tools > sequence 3x, though, to fix it into my head.) Thanks, again
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Happy to utilize my Google foo for the benefit of others.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Google foo? I resemble that remark!
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Snowhog, I even forgot/didn't think of Google, although I use it all day long. First time my brain failed to see the menus right, and I missed it. Hell with autocomplete on! I'm studying Korean grammar, re-writing a text to suit my mathematical brain, and the last thing I needed was for all those cryptic autocompletes! Text like this, typical, from a lesson:

그렇다 "like that" ( 그 "that” something in previous sentence)
              adjective: 그런 (adding ~ㄴ/은 to the stem of 그렇다): “that sort of/that kind of/that type of”
              저는 그런 사람을 믿지 않아요 = I don’t trust that type of person/those types of people
              저는 그런 것을 좋아하지 않아요 = I don’t like that type of thing
              adverb: 그렇게 (adding ~게 to the stem of 그렇다): “like that”
              저는 그렇게 생각하지 않아요 = I don’t think like that
              Freedom!

Comment

Working...
              X