X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] kTorrent runs on startup

Hey folks. First time poster.

I am running Kubuntu 20.04.1 LTS Kernel: Linux 5.4.0-51-generic Architecture: x86-64 KDE Plasma Version: 5.18.5
    KDE Frameworks Version: 5.68.0
    Processors: 4 × Intel® Core™ i7 CPU M 640 @ 2.80GHz
    Memory: 3.7 GiB of RAM
    . Dell Latitude E6510. VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GT218M [NVS 3100M] (r
    ev a2) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

On the last few start-ups kTorrent runs immediately. In fact, it is the first thing I see after the start-up routine finishes - before the DE or anything else shows up. I tried checking the graphical, "Startup Shutdown" application but nothing about kTorrent. I don't know how to record and post the start-up. I assume there's a config file or something I could copy and post.
    Any suggestions where I can check in the system to make this unusual kTorrent behavior stop happening?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Check ktorrent to see if has its own auto-startup options
    Next, it may be a 'stuck' session. Plasma by default saves the current desktop session to reload any applications running when you log out or restart.

In the system settings startup section, look at the Desktop Session section and temporarily select 'start with an empty session'. Then log off. When logging back in, ktorrent should stop loading.
    If it does, you can add it to the 'applications to be excluded' section.

If you like, you can then re-set the default desktop sessions settings

Comment

Thanks so much! Its fixed!

Comment

Cool!
        This is a somewhat common issue, with a thankfully simple remedy.

Welcome to the forums!

Comment

Working...
        X