Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found, and am using, the Ubuntu Mainline Kernel Installer. A problem is now causing this tool to fail.
    I'd like to report this to the developer of this UKUU fork, however the only email address given in that tool, is bouncing (b.kenyon.w@gmail.com)

Does anyone know how to contact him? Brian k. White is his name, stated on his 'about' popup.
    Any assistance is appreciated.
    Kubuntu 24.04 64bit under Kernel 6.9.2, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Contact the project, as opposed to the person:
      https://github.com/bkw777/mainline
      use the 'issues' link at the top of the page.

The github link is in the program's 'About' section
      Last edited by claydoh; Dec 11, 2020, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Thanks claydoh, I'll look there.

And I'm not the only one to report this... I'll keep track and hope for a fix.
        It has been suggested that it is a fail on the Ubuntu build of the package.
        Kubuntu 24.04 64bit under Kernel 6.9.2, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Personally, I use the paid version of UKUU with great pleasure. At any economic scale, $12 for a lifetime license seems more than fair. I pay that a month just for my email / contact / calendar suite. And devs deserve to eat, too.
          Just my
          ​"Keep it between the ditches"
          K*Digest Blog
          K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Today I saw that Torvalds released Linux kernel version 5.10.0 and I used the Ubuntu Mainline Kernel Installer to download it. It appeared to be successful, unlike versions 5.9.13 and 5.9.14.

I'm not willing to allow this first release to execute on my system but only because it is too "bleeding edge" for my tastes (YMMV). But I'm encouraged that the packages DID download as expected using this installation tool. Crossing my fingers for version 5.10.1 when it is released (soonish). Again: YMMV and I'm not advising anyone to make the same choices as I. Last I checked, it is still a free country, kinda, sorta.

[edit] Kernel 5.10.0 had some problems and Kernel 5.10.1 has been released with fixes...
            Last edited by TWPonKubuntu; Dec 14, 2020, 10:29 PM.

Comment

I'd totally forgotten about UKUU when I installed Neon this time round. When I did a couple of days ago I saw I had about SIX kernels installed! The unused ones are now gone!
              Constant change is here to stay!

Comment

Working...
              X