Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm taking to the uploader. They are going to try to fix it soon.
    On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Originally posted by acheron View Post
      Again, this is the version of initramfs-tools in PROPOSED pocket.

NO-ONE SHOULD BE USING PACKAGES FROM PROPOSED :P :P

Packages in proposed are IN PROPOSED until they can be confirmed that they don't break things.

As you can see from the proposed migration excuses page, the proposed version is thoroughly borked.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8646[/ATTACH]
      And to help clarify, -proposed is the pre-release updates option in the Software Sources configuration tool

Comment

Originally posted by acheron View Post
        I'm taking to the uploader. They are going to try to fix it soon.
        Thank you for the great information in your posts. Would it be better to keep the proposed active until this issue clears and then make it inactive, or if we uncheck proposed will the fix generate when ready?

Comment

It appears the fix has uploaded already. Installed fine.

Comment

Confirmed.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

When using the proposed repositories, I find it better to, not get my knickers in a twist, when I get abnormal updates. Thanks for the insight into the problem and the developers have certainly fixed the problem very quickly.

I have just had a few updates and initramfs-tools is now at version 0.133ubuntu14.

When I used the word ubuntu in the previous line, it reminded me that yesterday I checked the download iso file size for Focal and found that the ubuntu version is 200MB larger than the kubuntu file.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
                And to help clarify, -proposed is the pre-release updates option in the Software Sources configuration tool
                I'm starting to wonder if it is possibly a bit too easy to enable proposed in software sources (maybe there could be a clear warning dialog) and/or if the wording of "pre-release updates" is somehat confusing (I can easily see that people could thnk they need to enable that since they are running a "pre-release" version of kubuntu).

Comment

Rrrort Rhaggyy?

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
                  Python2 is no longer available..
                  Care to elaborate on this? Please... As thats a problem.. if you are telling me the 3.x branch is now the only one... Houston we got a problem.

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
                  Before removing Discovery this would lead to a (probable) snap link but this time I'm sure I run a .deb version of Gwenview.
                  What URRGGHGH! Gwenview is something I rely on and based on other posts I plant to purge snapd as I don't want them... so as long as this can be neutered fine...

I've got a brand new laptop coming in the AM thats going to be my test for 20.04 before hitting the new build...first time in 10 years I will be that/this current.

Comment

Originally posted by rec9140 View Post
                    Care to elaborate on this? Please... As thats a problem.. if you are telling me the 3.x branch is now the only one... Houston we got a problem.
                    Python2 is dead (https://www.python.org/doc/sunset-python-2/). So the process of removing it is sort of a forced process that is going on in basically every distro (*buntu/debian/fedora/arch etc.). It is quite likely to cause some issues (it you still use software that is python2 only), but it has to be removed, especially since it's an LTS release (with years of support). Python2 will not receive even security updates, so it has to be phased out (and there has been plenty of time for projects to migrate to python3).

What URRGGHGH! Gwenview is something I rely on and based on other posts I plant to purge snapd as I don't want them... so as long as this can be neutered fine...
                    Gwenview is available as a regular deb in the focal repos, you are not forced to install a snap version if you do not want to.

Comment

All in now fixed and glmark2 works without error on both 19.10 and 20.04

For several weeks now I have not been able to run glmark2 without error. I do not consider this problem to be because I use the pre-released option. I believe this is a Focal problem as glmark2 runs without error on my I also have a Kubuntu 19.10 system in a separate partition on my Laptop and after updates this morning, it also gave the same glmark2 problem.

The error that I get is:
                      Code:
                      :~$ glmark2
                      ** GLX does not support GLX_EXT_swap_control or GLX_MESA_swap_control!
                      ** Failed to set swap interval. Results may be bounded above by refresh rate.
                      =======================================================
                      glmark2 2014.03+git20150611.fa71af2d
                      OpenGL Information
                      GL_VENDOR:     VMware, Inc.
                      GL_RENDERER:   llvmpipe (LLVM 9.0.1, 256 bits)
                      GL_VERSION:    3.1 Mesa 20.1.0-devel (git-2799676 2020-02-05 focal-oibaf-ppa)
                      [build] use-vbo=false: FPS: 916 FrameTime: 1.092 ms
                      [build] use-vbo=true: FPS: 927 FrameTime: 1.079 ms
                                                glmark2 Score: 921 
                      This error has been reported several years ago and the solutions I found did not work.

So I hope the solution is simple and I look forward to having glmark2 working again to keep monitoring improvements provided by gpu updates from oibaf.
                      Last edited by NoWorries; Feb 06, 2020, 07:28 PM. Reason: Problem now on my 19.10 system

Comment

Audio Notifications Slider - Can't unmute??

So after getting 20.04.02.04.20 and installed and then updated to anything that it offered...

So right now the only glitch I am finding is notification sounds... I can't unmute it!?

If I click the speaker it goes up and IMMEDIATELY GOES BACK to mute...

Slide it.. same thing.. slider drops back and mute icon...

Ummmm?

And where are the sounds for the notifications at now?? I've looked in the places I am familar with and not finding them...

I attached a grab of the menu I am talking about..

I get it its early daily... any hints
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kubicle View Post
                          Python2 is dead (https://www.python.org/doc/sunset-python-2/). So the process of removing it is sort of a forced process that is going on in basically every distro (*buntu/debian/fedora/arch etc.). It is quite likely to cause some issues (it you still use software that is python2 only), but it has to be removed, especially since it's an LTS release (with years of support). Python2 will not receive even security updates, so it has to be phased out (and there has been plenty of time for projects to migrate to python3).
                          Thanks for the reply... .. I will end here as I do not agree with that

Gwenview is available as a regular deb in the focal repos, you are not forced to install a snap version if you do not want to.
                          Well its in the install I just did, and not seeing any of that loop crap for snaps... I am making sure...

That will be on tomorrows agenda to lock out that stupid crap...

Comment

If I click the speaker it goes up and IMMEDIATELY GOES BACK to mute...
                            Slide it.. same thing.. slider drops back and mute icon...
                            Probably this bug: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=407397
                            Older bug, seems it is still not fixed

As a workaround, you should be able to unmute using kmix (install package 'kmix'...or using pavucontrol). It shoud work after that (even if you uninstall kmix after).

And where are the sounds for the notifications at now
                            You mean the actual sound files, or the settings for changing the notification sounds for apps?

Comment

So after getting 20.04.02.04.20 and installed and then updated to anything that it offered...

So right now the only glitch I am finding is notification sounds... I can't unmute it!?
                              I get the same behaviour with my system which has KDE Plasma 5.17.90. In System Settings > Audio > Applications, I find that when I slide the notifications volume line, even to maximum volume, it immediately returns to 0%. I have not found a way to alter this response and I recognize that I am dealing with a beta version. (I have kmix and pavucontrol installed as well.)

Another "feature" that I have found in this area, is that when I use System Settings to select my default speaker, it is always changed back to headphones after reboot.

Comment

I've seen quite a few Ubuntu users install whatever is listed first in their software center thus ending up with a snap instead of a deb.

Discover, in Kubuntu 20.04, currently seems to default to the deb with a Sources button allowing the user to switch to a snap instead:Click image for larger version

Name:	20200206142819_ksnip.png
Views:	1
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	644574

I don't know what Ubuntu's Software Center does in 20.04, but Kubuntu 20.04 should see fewer complaints of users installing snaps when they didn't mean to (chromium-browser excepted!).
                                Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Working...
                                X