X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diary suggestion for OS

This could be an Ubuntu or Debian matter:
    I've tried Lifeograph and CherryTree diary programs - they're clunky! It occurs to me: why another program? The framework is already there and 'to hand', already in the system tray: click the clock! All that's needed is to underlay that 'calendar' with a 'post-it note' means of creating entries (CherryTree's 'engine' adapted?). So right-click on any cell to bring up (zoom?) or create a note to add, edit, delete entry, swing cursor off note to save and revert to (amended) calendar. No entries? Delete any note, keep or revert to default background. HTML-aware to open web links in browser etc... Currently, current (or special?) day has background shaded: is or can that be a 'tint' rather than a full color? Then any 'cell' that has an entry gets a colored tint, darkening with more entries (selectable color/tint, perhaps defined for national/special days).

Max tint level? Well, 3 reminders or more makes a busy day?.

Not a programmer myself, but what say?
    Last edited by Fester Bestertester; Oct 20, 2018, 12:52 AM.

well...for my coral fish tank...I WAS using...Korganizers personal calendar without Akonadai or any of that crap.

it worked and then it stopped

I did the Thunderbird thing...and then it just disappeared

I now just make entries in Calligra Word and it automagically provides a time date stamp so that I can just copy and paste into my next book.

Easy Peasy and have done with all of it.

woodspentYEARSonthisandjustquitsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
    X