Deja Dup Configuration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deja Dup Configuration

I used Deja Dup to port my home folder into a fresh install of 22.04 and with it came some problems.

I realize that Deja Dup has a GUI for telling it which stuff to NOT import, but it's pretty clunky and only good for minor tweaks. I would much prefer editing a config file manually in a text editor.

Is there such a config file? and if so, where would I find it?

Sorry, I cannot help with Deja Dup - but have you ever tried Back In Time? I think it offers what you want to do (perhaps for future use):
    In Back In Time you can tell what to import ("restore") down to a single file, it has a Qt GUI which looks good in KDE Plasma and additionally a CLI version.

It is already being maintained for a long time.
    One should use the official PPA for 22.04 due to a bug in *Ubuntu 22.04 : https://launchpad.net/~bit-team/+archive/ubuntu/stable
    Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; May 08, 2023, 05:59 PM.
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Originally posted by Schwarzer Kater View Post
      Sorry, I cannot help with Deja Dup - but have you ever tried Back In Time? I think it offers what you want to do (perhaps for future use):
      In Back In Time you can tell what to import ("restore") down to a single file, it has a Qt GUI which looks good in KDE Plasma and additionally a CLI version.

It is already being maintained for a long time.
      One should use the official PPA for 22.04 due to a bug in *Ubuntu 22.04 : https://launchpad.net/~bit-team/+archive/ubuntu/stable
      Thanks! I'll check it out!

Comment

This is not a final answer:

dconf-editor can be installed via Muon (in 20.04 - untested in 22.04) and one can edit and even copy the string array that deja-dup reads the exclude list from. My edit showed up in the 'Backups' app.

Something I don't yet understand is that gconf-editor shows a folder `/org/gnome` which I was unable to find either via Dolphin or Konsole. Clearly it's doing something SOMEWHERE. I just have no idea where.

Comment

Working...
        X