Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

virtual machine manager

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • oldgeek
    replied
    Re-installing it seems to work so far. Had to do 345 updates on Artful Aardvark, however!

    Leave a comment:


  • oldgeek
    replied
    Thanks for answering. I checked the link and tried one of the solutions, but no change. Maybe I'll just clear VMM and re-install it.

    Leave a comment:


  • wartnose
    replied
    Originally posted by oldgeek View Post
    Not sure if this thread belongs here. I've been using Virtual Machine Manager as a virtual machine because it gives me a full screen display of the host OS and is very easy to set up. However, recently I've had problems shutting host OS's down. At first I thought it was a problem with the Alpha version of Artful Aardvark, but today I had problems shutting down Ubuntu Mate 17.04 as well. What happens is that it seems to shut down OK until the name of the OS is displayed, and there it freezes until I force it to shut down. It doesn't always happen, but it usually does. Today for example I used Kubuntu 17.10 for Duolingo, then downloaded the updates, and then tried to shut it off. No go, so I had to kill it. Most comments I've seen on virtual machines refer to Oracle's Virtual Box. Does anyone use VMM?

    Has anyone had this problem? Any solution? My version of VMM is 1.3.2.
    I haven't had that problem but for some reason one of my VMs asks for the keyring password after shutting down ( I think Maui 1). Might this help? https://serverfault.com/questions/54...l-not-shutdown

    Leave a comment:


  • oldgeek
    started a topic [SOLVED] virtual machine manager

    virtual machine manager

    Not sure if this thread belongs here. I've been using Virtual Machine Manager as a virtual machine because it gives me a full screen display of the host OS and is very easy to set up. However, recently I've had problems shutting host OS's down. At first I thought it was a problem with the Alpha version of Artful Aardvark, but today I had problems shutting down Ubuntu Mate 17.04 as well. What happens is that it seems to shut down OK until the name of the OS is displayed, and there it freezes until I force it to shut down. It doesn't always happen, but it usually does. Today for example I used Kubuntu 17.10 for Duolingo, then downloaded the updates, and then tried to shut it off. No go, so I had to kill it. Most comments I've seen on virtual machines refer to Oracle's Virtual Box. Does anyone use VMM?

    Has anyone had this problem? Any solution? My version of VMM is 1.3.2.

Users Viewing This Topic

Collapse

There are 0 users viewing this topic.

Working...
X