X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with installing Caldera on my kubuntu 7.04

Hello

I am new to kubuntu, and am in need of some help.

I have recently installed kubuntu 7.04 on a dell desktop with the intension of installing a version of caldera wide format RIP software, but after following all the instructions I cannot get the software to install.

on the Caldera DVD there is a shell script, and when I click on this item to start the process of installation, the file opens in a text editor. The instructions tell me to use this command terminal

sudo mount -o remount, exec/media/cdrom. then click on the install script and the program should start, it doesn't.

can anyone help me with this as it is driving me mad.

I look forward hearing from anyone that can help

Cheers

I would suggest to try this question in a different place on this forum.
    Contact a moderator and ask him to move this post to a better place.

For example because 7.04 is rather ancient and will run KDE3 which has largely been abandoned.

To your problem, the script is probably not set as executable.
    Right click it and select properties to change to executable.
    Last edited by Teunis; Mar 03, 2014, 05:05 PM.

Comment

All ima say is:

wtf"
      http://www.caldera.com/support/table-of-compatibilites/
      This can't be the same Caldera that was one of the bigger Linux dogs back in the day.....

Comment

Thread moved

Comment

As to the OP, much more info is needed, such as the exact instructions given, links to any relevant info (such as instructions, downloads, etc)

Just at a quick guess, I would prefer one used Kubuntu 8.04 over 7.04, for increased stability and hardware support, but really, REALLY?? 6-9 year old OS as supported Linux versions? That is not even counting Debian 1 or 2, might as well go back to Win 98.

I do see a couple custom Kubuntu listed there.

Hardware support for such an old OS would be a major issue, unless this custom thing has added drivers for the printers the software supports.

Comment

Working...
          X