This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu logo legal?

I was reading the legal jargon on the Kubuntu website. I am trying to find out who owns the logo. The wallpaper is supposed to be from KDE? I would like to use the Kubuntu logo/colors on sites like Google+/Facebook. I am mainly talking about the banner in particular: Click image for larger version

Name:	kubuntu-banner-1304.png
Views:	1
Size:	196.1 KB
ID:	647969 Anyone have any advice on the subject? I don't want to customize it, just advertise it.
    Klaatu Barada Nikto

I believe the logo is fine for any non-commercial use, just can't remember or find if it is creative-commons. It might be. I do not believe Canonical "owns" anything other than the name itself.

Comment

See Intellectual property rights policy
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I didn't think to check the Ubuntu legals. From what I'm reading there, you can use the "Kubuntu" logo in it's "original form", as long as you don't claim to represent Canonical. I'm not sure how I would incorporate a disclaimer there. I sent them an email, maybe they can help clear it up.
        Klaatu Barada Nikto

Comment

As I mentioned, the Kubuntu logo itself is not owned by canonical, iirc. I am 95 percent sure of it, but haven't verified it yet.

Comment

Working...
          X