Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Boring Gray" (Kubuntu Background Color Scheme)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Boring Gray" (Kubuntu Background Color Scheme)

Why are they still sticking with boring color scheme? (Just saw a picture of 13.04 with same depressing gray) I understand they want to try out new things, but this clearly seems to be a step backwards from the lovely blue Kubuntu color scheme I've come to love. As Kubuntu users we do have the option of customizing things more to suit our taste, but the default change should at least look decent to 50% of the community. Now I find have to change Grub+Login Screen+Default Desktop Wallpaper, and when I started even the Default Desktop Wallpaper was awesome enough to keep. Are we going to get more gray, less, or the same?

Anyways, as a community is there anything we can do to convince them to dump this color scheme?

(Sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum section, but this seemed like the best section for this thread.)
    Last edited by TurtleKing; Dec 29, 2012, 11:55 AM.

...Why are they still sticking with boring color scheme? (Just saw a picture of 13.04 with same depressing gray)...
    Where ?

At here the default KDE 4.10 RC1 / Kubuntu 13.04 (alpha1) wallpaper is the Elarun:

:~$ ls -l /usr/share/wallpapers/kde-default.png
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 36 Dec 23 19:10 /usr/share/wallpapers/kde-default.png -> Elarun/contents/images/2560x1600.png

The /usr/share/kde4/apps/ksplash/Themes/Default/Preview.png

Lightdm-kde greeter:

The Plymouth is the old grey (at now)

The Kubuntu forums has the http://www.kubuntuforums.net/forumdi...aring-Ringtail
    --> http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthr...l=1#post317979
    Last edited by OneLine; Dec 29, 2012, 01:10 PM.
    Have you tried ?

- How to Ask a Question on the Internet and Get It Answered
    - How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Comment

The OP is referring to the Grub boot screen background.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Snowhog:
        The OP is referring to the Grub boot screen background.
        hmm ? - TurtleKing:
        ...Grub+Login Screen+Default Desktop Wallpaper...
        Have you tried ?

- How to Ask a Question on the Internet and Get It Answered
        - How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Comment

Kubuntu usually sticks to KDE's default theme, style, and wallpaper. Perhaps it is still early in 13.04's cycle that the grub and lightdm colors could be changed, You can request that via a bug report..........

the default change should at least look decent to 50% of the community. Now I find have to change Grub+Login Screen+Default Desktop Wallpaper,
          hehe we do have more than 2 users, you know, so any statistics concerning half the user base will need some hard data to back that up

Comment

Originally posted by OneLine View Post
            Where ?
            Here is what I found by just typing Kubuntu 13.04 in Google:
            https://wiki.kubuntu.org/RaringRingtail/Alpha1/Kubuntu

Glad to know the gray is not staying though.
            Originally posted by claydoh View Post
            Kubuntu usually sticks to KDE's default theme, style, and wallpaper. Perhaps it is still early in 13.04's cycle that the grub and lightdm colors could be changed, You can request that via a bug report..........

hehe we do have more than 2 users, you know, so any statistics concerning half the user base will need some hard data to back that up
            I'm talking about the lack of positive feedback on this gray scheme choice (12.04 and 12.10 wallpaper/Grub/LightDM). In other words, I don't even think half of the community likes it.

Comment

Working...
            X