Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bespin compilation - there are no required packages in repository

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • gnomek
    replied
    It looks like I need to spend much more time searching and trying different themes and settings. I wish I could just use gtk tools in KDE to make gtk apps look like they look originally in Gnome. But there is no such thing, yet.
    Anyway, thank you.

    Edit:
    I found that qt4-qtconfig might be also useful. You can run it from Terminal by typing qtconfig. It changes the appearance of python apps.

    One more question: where kde-gtk-config keeps installs gtk themes? Is it somewhere in home folder?
    Edit2
    kde-gtk-config keeps gtk themes in ./themes.

    Reference:
    http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f...plication+look
    Last edited by gnomek; May 27, 2012, 02:29 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • OneLine
    replied
    GTK1, GTK2, GTK3... vs Qt3, Qt4, (Qt5),...

    From the archlinux

    https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php...K_Applications
    Qt and GTK+ based programs both use a different widget toolkit to render the graphical user interface. Each come with different themes, styles and icon sets by default, among other things, so the "look and feel" differ significantly...

    Tools

    QtCurve (KDE4, KDE3, & Gtk2 Theme)
    http://kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=40492
    QtCurve-GTK3?

    ...Craig has already stated that he's not interested in doing a GTK3 port (since he no longer uses QtCurve himself)....
    gtk-kde4
    http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=74689
    - There is no GTK3 port at the moment

    kde-gtk-config
    Configuration dialog to adapt GTK applications appearance to your taste under KDE.
    https://launchpad.net/kde-gtk-config
    https://projects.kde.org/projects/pl...kde-gtk-config

    PPA package search: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+ppas
    => A PPA: https://launchpad.net/~hrvojes/+archive/kde-goodies
    Last edited by OneLine; May 20, 2012, 06:04 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • bra|10n
    replied
    Originally posted by gnomek View Post
    While my KDE apps looks good, gtk apps don't. See the example:

    Everywhere I searched there is only one solution - set oxygen-gtk for gtk apps and I did it. But look at Evolution. It is all blue, which I set for main app color in KDE. But in Dolphin the part where files are looks different, has lighter colors. Looks like gtk apps use different settings. I know that I can use Kmail but this is only example for colors. I need solution for colors not for mail.
    You have the window background or main app colour as you refer to it set to blue and that's exactly what's being displayed in your screenshots.

    The dolphin window is made up of window background (blue), view background (white) and alternate background (pale hue).

    Evolution is also displaying the colours you have chosen, namely blue. If your issue is with the main window of evolution showing blue/alternate blue and different to the look of dolphin then I'm afraid this cannot be altered as evolution 'inherits' these colours 'automagically ' from the main window colour.

    Originally posted by gnomek View Post
    Is there any chance of correcting it.
    No.

    Originally posted by gnomek View Post
    Would gnome-color-chooser help?
    No.

    Originally posted by gnomek View Post
    Is it possibe to have separate settings for colors for KDE and GTK apps that would not conflict or interact?
    No. My understanding is Bespin would overide such settings anyhow. And I don't believe there is an option within Bespin to 'blacklist' specific app's either.

    Leave a comment:


  • SteveRiley
    replied
    I'm sorry, that isn't something I've spent any time looking for, as I am happy with Oxygen and oxygen-gtk. Perhaps others here at KFN might have suggestions for alternate Gtk themes.

    Leave a comment:


  • gnomek
    replied
    Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
    My suspicion is that oxygen-gtk is unable to fully duplicate all of Bespin's appearance settings.
    I see. Can you tell me if I can install some other gtk styes just to check if anything looks better or where in KDE I can find folder where this gtk styles are stored, preferably in /home?

    Leave a comment:


  • SteveRiley
    replied
    Originally posted by gnomek View Post
    Thanks for this PPA. It has some nice stuff but I wanted to compile myself to have the latest release.
    šumski's PPA automatically pulls in new builds and compiles them. You can examine the recipie, if you'd like, and the trunk. You'll see it's tracking the updates.

    Originally posted by gnomek View Post
    While my KDE apps looks good, gtk apps don't... set oxygen-gtk for gtk apps and I did it. But look at Evolution. It is all blue, which I set for main app color in KDE. But in Dolphin the part where files are looks different, has lighter colors...
    My suspicion is that oxygen-gtk is unable to fully duplicate all of Bespin's appearance settings.

    Leave a comment:


  • gnomek
    replied
    While my KDE apps looks good, gtk apps don't. See the example:

    Everywhere I searched there is only one solution - set oxygen-gtk for gtk apps and I did it. But look at Evolution. It is all blue, which I set for main app color in KDE. But in Dolphin the part where files are looks different, has lighter colors. Looks like gtk apps use different settings. I know that I can use Kmail but this is only example for colors. I need solution for colors not for mail.
    Is there any chance of correcting it. Would gnome-color-chooser help? Is it possibe to have separate settings for colors for KDE and GTK apps that would not conflict or interact?

    Leave a comment:


  • gnomek
    replied
    You are right. It works now. And Bespin looks beautifully. Thank you.
    I will mark post as solved when I configure it. Perhaps I will have some more questions. Not yet.

    Leave a comment:


  • OneLine
    replied
    Icons:
    ...icon options are inactive and why I can't change it. Is it a compilation issue or some other settings interfering here?
    The later:
    The button gradient.
    "None" is the default and behaves a bit different from all others.
    You cannot choose the icon variant or the unhovered look if this is a real gradient.

    Leave a comment:


  • gnomek
    replied
    Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
    No need to compile it yourself... You can obtain Bespin from the KDE Goodies PPA.
    Thanks for this PPA. It has some nice stuff but I wanted to compile myself to have the latest release.

    @OneLine
    Thank you for detailed instruction. I managed to compile it.

    @bra|10n
    While you are here can you tell me why icon options are inactive and why I can't change it. Is it a compilation issue or some other settings interfering here?
    http://img22.otofotki.pl/obrazki/gm207_Bespin-icons.png

    Leave a comment:


  • bra|10n
    replied
    Background on Bespin (pre. Baghira) and developer, Thomas Luebking

    The announcing of Bespin...

    http://cloudcity.sourceforge.net/

    With some additional remarks,

    http://cloudcity.sourceforge.net/bespinvsoxygen.php

    Enjoy.

    Leave a comment:


  • OneLine
    replied
    Example

    Removed from the repos:
    - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...in/+bug/770966
    - https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/oneiric...00126-0ubuntu6

    DIY

    Source:
    Code:
    svn co https://cloudcity.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/cloudcity
    ...
    A cloudcity/COPYING.LIB
    Checked out revision 1504.
    There is a subdir: cloudcity.


    Build-Depends

    - build-essential
    - cmake
    - kde-workspace-dev
    - libxrender-dev
    - libxext-dev

    Based: kde-style-bespin 0.1~svn100126-0ubuntu6 (last ubuntu version).

    Compiling

    The konsole is in /cloudcity

    1)
    Code:
    mkdir -p builddir
    2)
    Code:
    cd builddir && cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr
    Output:
    -- The C compiler identification is GNU
    -- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
    -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
    ...
    -- INFO: XRender was found - kwin deco & FX via GPU available!
    -- KWin headers found
    -- Configuring done
    -- Generating done
    -- Build files have been written to: /media/sda3/Bespin/cloudcity/builddir
    3)
    Code:
    make
    Scanning dependencies of target QtBespin
    [ 1%] Building CXX object blib/CMakeFiles/QtBespin.dir/colors.o
    ...
    Linking CXX shared module ../lib/plasma_applet_xbar.so
    [100%] Built target plasma_applet_xbar
    4)
    Code:
    sudo make install
    Install the project...
    -- Install configuration: "RelWithDebInfo"
    -- Installing: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt4/plugins/styles/libbespin.so
    -- Removed runtime path from "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt4/plugins/styles/libbespin.so"
    -- Installing: /usr/share/kde4/apps/kstyle/themes/bespin.themerc
    -- Installing: /usr/lib/libQtBespin.so
    -- Installing: /usr/bin/bespin
    -- Installing: /usr/lib/kde4/kstyle_bespin_config.so
    -- Installing: /usr/lib/kde4/kwin3_bespin.so
    -- Removed runtime path from "/usr/lib/kde4/kwin3_bespin.so"
    -- Installing: /usr/share/kde4/apps/kwin/bespin.desktop
    -- Installing: /usr/lib/kde4/kwin_bespin_config.so
    -- Installing: /usr/lib/kde4/plasma_applet_xbar.so
    -- Installing: /usr/share/kde4/services/plasma-applet-xbar.desktop
    5) System Settings ...click...click



    This was tried with the Kubuntu 11.10 & 12.04.

    Last edited by OneLine; May 18, 2012, 02:42 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • claydoh
    replied
    Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
    No need to compile it yourself... You can obtain Bespin from the KDE Goodies PPA.
    lol, that's no fun

    Leave a comment:


  • claydoh
    replied
    The first package to install is called build-essential and cmake . This pulls in all the base things you need to compile like the proper gcc, etc.
    Then I think installing the package kdelibs5-dev should pull in all or at least most of the remaining libs you need.
    If it doesn't, the error messages you get will point the way to what is missing. Post any error messages you get and we can point you in the right direction - I am sure I have missed something that the above packages might not provide.

    There are install instructions with more detail in the source tarball that may help, the only real problem is simply different types of Linux distros have slightly differing package names, which can make it a trial an error thing when you are learning to compile. However, once you see a few error messages, it becomes a lot easier to determine what you may need.

    Leave a comment:


  • SteveRiley
    replied
    No need to compile it yourself... You can obtain Bespin from the KDE Goodies PPA.

    Leave a comment:

Users Viewing This Topic

Collapse

There are 0 users viewing this topic.

Working...
X