It looks like I need to spend much more time searching and trying different themes and settings. I wish I could just use gtk tools in KDE to make gtk apps look like they look originally in Gnome. But there is no such thing, yet.
Anyway, thank you.
Edit:
I found that qt4-qtconfig might be also useful. You can run it from Terminal by typing qtconfig. It changes the appearance of python apps.
One more question: where kde-gtk-config keeps installs gtk themes? Is it somewhere in home folder?
Edit2
kde-gtk-config keeps gtk themes in ./themes.
Reference:
http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f...plication+look
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Bespin compilation - there are no required packages in repository
Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
-
GTK1, GTK2, GTK3... vs Qt3, Qt4, (Qt5),...
From the archlinux
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php...K_Applications
Qt and GTK+ based programs both use a different widget toolkit to render the graphical user interface. Each come with different themes, styles and icon sets by default, among other things, so the "look and feel" differ significantly...
Tools
QtCurve (KDE4, KDE3, & Gtk2 Theme)
http://kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=40492
gtk-kde4QtCurve-GTK3?
...Craig has already stated that he's not interested in doing a GTK3 port (since he no longer uses QtCurve himself)....
http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=74689
- There is no GTK3 port at the moment
kde-gtk-config
https://launchpad.net/kde-gtk-configConfiguration dialog to adapt GTK applications appearance to your taste under KDE.
https://projects.kde.org/projects/pl...kde-gtk-config
PPA package search: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+ppas
=> A PPA: https://launchpad.net/~hrvojes/+archive/kde-goodiesLast edited by OneLine; May 20, 2012, 06:04 AM.
- Top
- Bottom
Leave a comment:
-
You have the window background or main app colour as you refer to it set to blue and that's exactly what's being displayed in your screenshots.Originally posted by gnomek View PostWhile my KDE apps looks good, gtk apps don't. See the example:

Everywhere I searched there is only one solution - set oxygen-gtk for gtk apps and I did it. But look at Evolution. It is all blue, which I set for main app color in KDE. But in Dolphin the part where files are looks different, has lighter colors. Looks like gtk apps use different settings. I know that I can use Kmail but this is only example for colors. I need solution for colors not for mail.
The dolphin window is made up of window background (blue), view background (white) and alternate background (pale hue).
Evolution is also displaying the colours you have chosen, namely blue. If your issue is with the main window of evolution showing blue/alternate blue and different to the look of dolphin then I'm afraid this cannot be altered as evolution 'inherits' these colours 'automagically ' from the main window colour.
No.Originally posted by gnomek View PostIs there any chance of correcting it.
No.Originally posted by gnomek View PostWould gnome-color-chooser help?
No. My understanding is Bespin would overide such settings anyhow. And I don't believe there is an option within Bespin to 'blacklist' specific app's either.Originally posted by gnomek View PostIs it possibe to have separate settings for colors for KDE and GTK apps that would not conflict or interact?
- Top
- Bottom
Leave a comment:
-
I'm sorry, that isn't something I've spent any time looking for, as I am happy with Oxygen and oxygen-gtk. Perhaps others here at KFN might have suggestions for alternate Gtk themes.
- Top
- Bottom
Leave a comment:
-
I see. Can you tell me if I can install some other gtk styes just to check if anything looks better or where in KDE I can find folder where this gtk styles are stored, preferably in /home?Originally posted by SteveRiley View PostMy suspicion is that oxygen-gtk is unable to fully duplicate all of Bespin's appearance settings.
- Top
- Bottom
Leave a comment:
-
šumski's PPA automatically pulls in new builds and compiles them. You can examine the recipie, if you'd like, and the trunk. You'll see it's tracking the updates.Originally posted by gnomek View PostThanks for this PPA. It has some nice stuff but I wanted to compile myself to have the latest release.
My suspicion is that oxygen-gtk is unable to fully duplicate all of Bespin's appearance settings.Originally posted by gnomek View PostWhile my KDE apps looks good, gtk apps don't... set oxygen-gtk for gtk apps and I did it. But look at Evolution. It is all blue, which I set for main app color in KDE. But in Dolphin the part where files are looks different, has lighter colors...
- Top
- Bottom
Leave a comment:
-
While my KDE apps looks good, gtk apps don't. See the example:

Everywhere I searched there is only one solution - set oxygen-gtk for gtk apps and I did it. But look at Evolution. It is all blue, which I set for main app color in KDE. But in Dolphin the part where files are looks different, has lighter colors. Looks like gtk apps use different settings. I know that I can use Kmail but this is only example for colors. I need solution for colors not for mail.
Is there any chance of correcting it. Would gnome-color-chooser help? Is it possibe to have separate settings for colors for KDE and GTK apps that would not conflict or interact?
- Top
- Bottom
Leave a comment:
-
You are right. It works now. And Bespin looks beautifully. Thank you.
I will mark post as solved when I configure it. Perhaps I will have some more questions. Not yet.
- Top
- Bottom
Leave a comment:
-
Icons:
The later:...icon options are inactive and why I can't change it. Is it a compilation issue or some other settings interfering here?
The button gradient.
"None" is the default and behaves a bit different from all others.
You cannot choose the icon variant or the unhovered look if this is a real gradient.
- Top
- Bottom
Leave a comment:
-
Thanks for this PPA. It has some nice stuff but I wanted to compile myself to have the latest release.Originally posted by SteveRiley View PostNo need to compile it yourself... You can obtain Bespin from the KDE Goodies PPA.
@OneLine
Thank you for detailed instruction. I managed to compile it.
@bra|10n
While you are here can you tell me why icon options are inactive and why I can't change it. Is it a compilation issue or some other settings interfering here?
http://img22.otofotki.pl/obrazki/gm207_Bespin-icons.png
- Top
- Bottom
Leave a comment:
-
Background on Bespin (pre. Baghira) and developer, Thomas Luebking
The announcing of Bespin...
http://cloudcity.sourceforge.net/
With some additional remarks,
http://cloudcity.sourceforge.net/bespinvsoxygen.php
Enjoy.
- Top
- Bottom
Leave a comment:
-
Example
Removed from the repos:
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...in/+bug/770966
- https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/oneiric...00126-0ubuntu6
DIY
Source:
Code:svn co https://cloudcity.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/cloudcity
There is a subdir: cloudcity....
A cloudcity/COPYING.LIB
Checked out revision 1504.
Build-Depends
- build-essential
- cmake
- kde-workspace-dev
- libxrender-dev
- libxext-dev
Based: kde-style-bespin 0.1~svn100126-0ubuntu6 (last ubuntu version).
Compiling
The konsole is in /cloudcity
1)
2)Code:mkdir -p builddir
Output:Code:cd builddir && cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr
3)-- The C compiler identification is GNU
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
...
-- INFO: XRender was found - kwin deco & FX via GPU available!
-- KWin headers found
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /media/sda3/Bespin/cloudcity/builddir
Code:make
4)Scanning dependencies of target QtBespin
[ 1%] Building CXX object blib/CMakeFiles/QtBespin.dir/colors.o
...
Linking CXX shared module ../lib/plasma_applet_xbar.so
[100%] Built target plasma_applet_xbar
Code:sudo make install
5) System Settings ...click...clickInstall the project...
-- Install configuration: "RelWithDebInfo"
-- Installing: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt4/plugins/styles/libbespin.so
-- Removed runtime path from "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt4/plugins/styles/libbespin.so"
-- Installing: /usr/share/kde4/apps/kstyle/themes/bespin.themerc
-- Installing: /usr/lib/libQtBespin.so
-- Installing: /usr/bin/bespin
-- Installing: /usr/lib/kde4/kstyle_bespin_config.so
-- Installing: /usr/lib/kde4/kwin3_bespin.so
-- Removed runtime path from "/usr/lib/kde4/kwin3_bespin.so"
-- Installing: /usr/share/kde4/apps/kwin/bespin.desktop
-- Installing: /usr/lib/kde4/kwin_bespin_config.so
-- Installing: /usr/lib/kde4/plasma_applet_xbar.so
-- Installing: /usr/share/kde4/services/plasma-applet-xbar.desktop

This was tried with the Kubuntu 11.10 & 12.04.
Last edited by OneLine; May 18, 2012, 02:42 PM.
- Top
- Bottom
Leave a comment:
-
lol, that's no funOriginally posted by SteveRiley View PostNo need to compile it yourself... You can obtain Bespin from the KDE Goodies PPA.
- Top
- Bottom
Leave a comment:
-
The first package to install is called build-essential and cmake . This pulls in all the base things you need to compile like the proper gcc, etc.
Then I think installing the package kdelibs5-dev should pull in all or at least most of the remaining libs you need.
If it doesn't, the error messages you get will point the way to what is missing. Post any error messages you get and we can point you in the right direction - I am sure I have missed something that the above packages might not provide.
There are install instructions with more detail in the source tarball that may help, the only real problem is simply different types of Linux distros have slightly differing package names, which can make it a trial an error thing when you are learning to compile. However, once you see a few error messages, it becomes a lot easier to determine what you may need.
- Top
- Bottom
Leave a comment:
-
No need to compile it yourself... You can obtain Bespin from the KDE Goodies PPA.
- Top
- Bottom
Leave a comment:
Users Viewing This Topic
Collapse
There are 0 users viewing this topic.
Leave a comment: