X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IBUS - accents like " ^ ~ not (always) working

Hello all,

I installed IBUS on my Kubuntu 12.04 in order to use Chinese input. Everything works smoothly. Just one kind of weird problem came up after install IBUS. I can not type for example ë ê õ anymore. If I try make the accents, sometimes (like now) it doesn't appear at all. Before I had the problem, if I use the accents, it directly writes them, without waiting the letter to put it on. The most weird about whole situation though is the fact that in the terminal and in the test area for keyboard settings it works fine. In Ibus I set the setting "use system keyboard layout"
    Somebody have any idea what could be the problem?

Thanks for helping me

Robin

How did you manage to get Ibus to work at all?
    I have installed every single ibus package that exists (or that I could learn about through googling), including the gnome icons.
    But I cannot select Chinese pinyin input at all. The option is simply grayed out. And under ---settings --locale, Simplified Chinese does not appear, only traditional.

However, in Konsole, when I type "sudo apt-get install language-pack-zh-hans" it says "already newest version"... so it IS installed. But still, I cannot select pinyin in Ibus, but ibus-pinyin IS installed.

After reading this thread: http://ubuntu.5.n6.nabble.com/Making...td4984187.html
    I kind of gave up.

But have anybody managed to make Ibus pinyin work?
    (Perhaps I should make a new thread?)

Edit: Oh, btw, I am using Kubuntu 12.10, not 12.04

Comment

Working...
    X