This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Employees really like Kubuntu

Saw this article over at Ubuntuvibes. Turns out employees (and a cook) are really liking the Kubuntu, good for them! It's great!

Link to article at Ubuntuvibes with video with Google developer Thomas Bushnell's presentation at the Ubuntu Developers Summit:
    http://tinyurl.com/cfevsjf

It is no suprise that they like KDE. It can be configured pretty much to however they want it to be. It's also no suprise they don't like Gnome-shell or Unity. I did find it suprising that liked xmonad over the gnome/unity option.

What I don't understand is that KDE is popular in all sorts of enterprise and tech companies and yet all that is ever in the media is gnome/unity. It seems that even Xfce gets more press than KDE (nothing against Xfce). What gives?

Comment

You have to understand too that the majority of outlets that cover Unity and/or Gnome are a small group with a wordpress install. It's easy to start up something like that. And since the majority of home users are part of a hivemind it's easy to get views. It's strange to think about, but most KDE users I know are busy with other things like being productive.

Comment

Working...
      X