This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox and KDE Integration

Meanwhile this Firefox KDE theme looks pretty nice: http://kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=117962

Originally posted by dibl View Post
    Meanwhile this Firefox KDE theme looks pretty nice: http://kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=117962
    Yes, it is. And it's been working fine for quite some time now.

Comment

Not compatible with Firefox 12 according to my add-on installer.
      I support the plea for a good Firefox - Kubuntu iintegration .
      Chromium, rekonq and opera just don't do it for me

Comment

it works hopefully very well with ff 12 ! this is a very good work !

Comment

Thanks! Works great here!

Comment

If you usually rely on a small set of add-ons with Firefox and have had no problems in the past, you can install the "Disable Compatability Checking" add-on which in turn will allow you to install Oxygen-kde theme into any Firefox version.
            Kubuntu 12.04 - Acer Aspire 5750G

"I don't make a great deal of money, but I'm ok with that 'cause I don't hurt a lot of people in the process either"

Comment

It doesn't change the file picker, which in my unbiased KDE-using opinion, is atrocious

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
                It doesn't change the file picker, which in my unbiased KDE-using opinion, is atrocious
                Do you mean the File open/open with dialog?

"I don't make a great deal of money, but I'm ok with that 'cause I don't hurt a lot of people in the process either"

Comment

Originally posted by bra|10n View Post
                  Do you mean the File open/open with dialog?
                  Yes, the KDE integration stuff uses some method to replace the file picker with KDE's

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
                    Yes, the KDE integration stuff uses some method to replace the file picker with KDE's
                    Yes. My earlier post only enables the installing of the Oxygen-Kde theme.

But I'm now wondering along these lines...

If the creator/maintainer of the theme is already tuned in to the Mozilla release cycle 'tuning' this theme as required, then I wonder if he/she might be interested in releasing flavour-centric theme releases WITH this support included in future...

I would imagine most of the additional work would be including be the inclusion of the code, and from then on perhaps only maintenance of that code release to release if at all.
                    It would certainly add to the feature-set of his work.
                    Last edited by bra|10n; May 03, 2012, 06:57 PM.

Comment

I do not fully understand what the Firefox KDE theme does :/

Does this help with integration? How does one install that Firefox KDE theme in Kubuntu 12.04?

Comment

Practically, it makes Firefox (a Gtk library) look like a KDE (Qt library) application.
                        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

How does one install it?

Comment

Ok lets be clear. This is a theme for Firefox ONLY. No additional functions/features, ZERO.

To install click here, and follow the instructions there.

Note: From the web-page Firefox 12 is now officially supported.

Comment

The recent version is compatible - I use it - but you have to install it manually (Firefox - Add-ons -> Install from file), because
                              the one Firefox wants to install is outdated.

Just download the .xpi file and install it from the Add-on interface.

Edit: somehow the last page didn't show up, I'm referring to page 1, nevermind
                              Last edited by jovin; May 03, 2012, 11:14 PM.
                              "Just keep on learning. Little by little... If you're empty, then you can take in anything. If you want to be reborn, then it's in your best interest to become empty." - Vinland Saga

Comment

Working...
                              X