X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Krecipes Ingredient Matcher

Hi,
    I'm trying to make the whole procedure of preparation of food as efficient as possible. Using Krecipes/Ingredient Matcher I'm able to find a recipie according to what ingredients I have, but I have to select all items each and every time. Apparently the selected items in Ingredient Matcher can't be saved so I'm wondering whether it's possible to create some database of all ingredients that I have, say 1kg rice, 12 eggs... etc. and just load it from a text file or something when looking for recipies. Also if the quantities required for a particular recipie would be substracted from the database of "my stock" when I use them that would be even better.

p.s. I want to save my time using this so I I don't seek a solution that requires a time demanding maintenance, but you're more than welcome to suggest one!

thanks in advance

is there a reason why nobody answers? Can u at least suggest where to begin in making databases of similar nature?

Comment

I would ask over on the KDE Forums (http://forum.kde.org/viewforum.php?f=22). My guess is you'd be much more likely to get a meaningful answer there, as it's the main hub for all of KDE software. I personally have never used KRecipies, though maybe someone here could answer for you. Good luck!
      ​"Keep it between the ditches"
      K*Digest Blog
      K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Hi
        I used Krecipes some time ago as a "family bonding thing" with the kidlets who are now in other states. It was not very full featured then and seems to be about the same as then, so that might be taken into consideration.

Possibly setting up a database of your own might be an option if you don't get any joy at the other forum.

woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
        X