This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems signing in to KFN, remember password option etc

I decided to post this here not to make it the Admin's problem but as I don't think this is strictly a Rekonq issue...

Typical scenario: Rekonq-git 0.9.57
    I access KFN from a bookmark with this address (http://www.kubuntuforums.net/forum.php).
    I can log on but notice, and this is only with Rekonq that I am not prompted to save my password.
    If I am idle or just reading through a thread let's say a guess, 8-10mins then I need to log in again to post. This has been the case with every browser I've used.
    With Rekonq if I try to upload an attachment, rather than a new window opening, another tab with the content opens. This is the same for inserting smileys into posts also.
    I can successfully upload attachments, and insert them to the post using the 'In-Line' button. The 'Done' button however causes Rekonq to crash. And another log in is necessary.

I was hoping someone might recognise a pattern here or suggest a solution for this.

Feel free to edit/relocate this thread as you see fit.
    Kubuntu 12.04 - Acer Aspire 5750G

"I don't make a great deal of money, but I'm ok with that 'cause I don't hurt a lot of people in the process either"

"...or suggest a solution..."

Switch to Chromium? That's the browser I'm using, and I have no problems with KFN.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

True. I did use it for a little while without the same issues. With Rekonq it seems I'm so close to being able to support it full time.
      Thanks snowhog

"I don't make a great deal of money, but I'm ok with that 'cause I don't hurt a lot of people in the process either"

Comment

There does seem to be a problem with the cache. When I disable it, the issue you describe about Rekonq remembering you're logged in goes away.

Attachment upload does the same thing for me as for you: opens a new tab. Smiley opens a popop. I have noticed with other sites -- my company's expense reporting system, for instance -- works better if I change the user agent to Firefox.

I like this browser enough that I'm willing to live with its minor foibles. I'm happy it's being actively developed, and filing bugs is probably a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
          I like this browser enough that I'm willing to live with its minor foibles. I'm happy it's being actively developed, and filing bugs is probably a good thing.
          Likewise.

I have the cache disabled but I just noticed the ability to assign different user-agents as you put it on a per web-site basis.
          I can always post direct-links to files in the meantime I guess while these issues are resolved.

Comment

Working...
          X