X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't add a station to StreamTuner2

Hi
    I use streamtuner to record streams to listen to while driving and also to listen to talk radio or something so that I can listen to a program later.

I used to be able to do that with the original streamtuner but the new streamtuner does not seem, to me, to have a way to just "add a station", like your local radio station which does streams.

If anyone could please indicate how to do this to the woodcluelesssmoke he would be VERY grateful.

BTW I can't get Kradioripper to work.

woodsmoke

Look at this page: http://www.ehow.com/how_7182441_capt...dio-linux.html

OK it's outside Streamtuner2...

You can use VLC which creates an MP3 in my Music folder.

You can use streamripper (kstreamripper?) It rips tracks and creates MP3s in a folder which it makes named after the radio station.
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hi arochester

Thanks very much for the linky etc. but I think that the situation is that one does not actually listen "to" the radio station, such as a local radio station. It seems that there is some kind of "other entity" between the station and when one hears something.

I can't even find a link in view source.

So, I think that possibly this is a DRM thing that one can't get around.

woodsmoke

Comment

I am not sure that I understand your need here. Do you want to just "add" a station , or do you want to record it? (Or both?)

Do you want to listen to a particular station? Can you say which?

To just listen to stations I use (amongst other things) RadioTray.
        "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
        "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

I use EtherApe and it's "nodes" display to show the URL & IP of a radio station I've got running on the Internet. One can try the URL in VLC. If it plays then save it as a file, giving it a name but not an extension, which VLC will provide. Next time you want to listen just use VLC to open that saved file (*.xfps) and it starts playing. Using the IP address usually doesn't work because it does not contain the function call or the port number.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
          X