This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Splash Screen Theme Tutorial

Can someone tell me how to make a KDM splash screen? All the links I can find on Google are dead. Can someone tell me how to make a splash screen? All I want to do is change the default splash screen background to fit in better with my current theme. How would I do this?

This is my method for changing both the Kdm and KSplash backgrounds:

KSplash background is stored in,

/usr/share/kde4/apps/ksplash/Themes/Default/1920x1200/

If you replace this image with one of your own, note two things;

- your image must be the same width and height, and use the same name (1920x1200.png).

- your replacement image may be overwritten with the next KSplash update.

As a counter measure to this I also copy my preferred image to /usr/share/kde4/apps/ksplash/, as a 'spare'. I place the original image in this location also.

In order to see your new background you will need to delete the image in /home/your_user_name/.kde/cache-your_computer_name/ksplashx/

Log-out or reboot and all should work.

Extra

By changing the KSplash background in this way and keeping the original file naming intact your Kdm background is now also changed.

You should also find your new image available as a wallpaper.
    Last edited by bra|10n; Feb 20, 2012, 06:00 AM. Reason: Corrected error: re plymouth
    Kubuntu 12.04 - Acer Aspire 5750G

"I don't make a great deal of money, but I'm ok with that 'cause I don't hurt a lot of people in the process either"

Comment

Working...
    X