X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Take the Test

Originally posted by GreyGeek
    philosophical masturbation
    So, Jerry... has this been a good post or what?

Why I find this particular exercise so, uh, satisfying is because while what you state here...

The question itself cannot be taken independently of the supplied answers.
    ...is true, the escape attempt ("add choice E") falls flat because it's actually not possible to...

disconnect the statement of the problem from the supplied choices of the answer
    ...and remain at all meaningful, as you state. The question's self-referential nature makes such attempts even siller than usual.

TBH, I'm happy with the "can't be answered, it's a black hole on a blackboard" position. I like a little ambiguity, it keeps the world more interesting

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley
      TBH, I'm happy with the "can't be answered, it's a black hole on a blackboard" position. I like a little ambiguity, it keeps the world more interesting
      and ... it validates Godel's theorems! 8)
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

If you choose an answer to this question at random then the answer you chose will be the right answer because it is the answer you chose at random.

Comment

Working...
        X