Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody know how I can contribute economically/donate to Kubuntu?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anybody know how I can contribute economically/donate to Kubuntu?

Hi!

as a 5 year user of Kubuntu I have reached the moment I would like to give more back.
    I donate to KDE but since Kubuntu is my favorite distro I would like to donate to it.
    But I want to make sure it goes to Kubuntu, so the donate to Ubuntu button does not have the right color for me.
    I tried to buy merchandising from Kubuntu, but I think that is maybe too little money. And I don need a mug every year
    I did not find any support agreement for Kubuntu, and I don't think I need it because the forums rock!

Anybody found a way to donate to Kubuntu?
    Or any good idea how to contribute?

I spend quote much time in front of the computer at work. So I try to avoid it at home.
    So I am looking for something not so time consuming... at least something that does not mean more hours of computer per week.

Greetings to the forum!

Kubunteando

Re: Does anybody know how I can contribute economically/donate to Kubuntu?

One of the places you could really help Kubuntu is contribute to the operation of this forum by clicking on the PayPal icon at the top of this page. Note, this forum has no official standing with Kubuntu.

Comment

Bringing back an old thread... Now that Blue Systems is sponsoring Kubuntu development, how does this change how donations are made? The problem is that I can't find any info on donating cash on either the Blue Systems website or the Kubuntu contribution page. It appears as though Kubuntu forums is accepting donations and so is KDE.

I am posting this question because I have been approached by a fellow Kubuntu user who would like to contribute monetarily to the project but couldn't find a clear way to do this. Perhaps something could be set up so that users could easily contribute to Kubuntu and Kubuntu forums at the same time--some of the money would go to the Kubuntu OS and some would go to helping the forums. Just a thought.

Comment

And now I'm bumping it too. Cool!

I've had a brief look around but cannot find anything on the main Kubuntu website that allows donations, so I think the best thing to do is as you say donate to KDE and then perhaps this forum and/or Ubuntu. Although Ubuntu no longer puts in financially to Kubuntu, it still provides the base system. But Kubuntu - get it sorted! We want to support you and ensure the future.
        PUNCH IT CHEWIE!

Comment

I too would be interested in a way to donate money directly to Kubuntu. Will wait anxiously for such options!
          Nowadays I'm mostly Mac, but...
          tron: KDE neon User | MacPro5,1 | 3.2GHz Xeon | 48GB RAM | 250GB, 1TB, & 500GB Samsung SSDs | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti

Comment

I'll post a 'shameless' plug here.

Kubuntu Forums is one place you can show your support for Kubuntu. We have seven Paid Subscription levels ranging from $12.00 to $250 a year. Paid Subscriptions go a long way towards ensuring that (IMO) the premiere Kubuntu support forum remains a presence on the 'Net, ensuring that all who are looking for aid and assistance with Kubuntu Linux have a place to go that is friendly, supportive, and responsive.

One thing you can count on when purchasing a Paid Subscription, is that 100% of the money goes towards the running and maintenance of this forum. None of the Administrators, to include our Host, receive any compensation for the support we provide.

End of shameless plug.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Okay, found the paid subscriptions, it took a couple of minutes (since I wasn't sure where to look). To any who is interested:

- Click on "Settings" link in top right corner.
              - Under "My Account" heading on the left is "Paid Subscriptions".
              - Select level you desire and pay.

Easy! Thanks for the heads up Snowhog (and no, I don't consider it a shameless plug, just FYI).
              Nowadays I'm mostly Mac, but...
              tron: KDE neon User | MacPro5,1 | 3.2GHz Xeon | 48GB RAM | 250GB, 1TB, & 500GB Samsung SSDs | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti

Comment

Ah, earnest persistence 'pays' off.

Thank you for your financial support to KFN. It's greatly appreciated and thankfully received.
                Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
                X