This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you KDE and Gnome?

How many of you dual window manager with both KDE and Gnome and did you install Kubuntu or Ubuntu then install KDE?

Did you install from the Ubuntu CD?

: Personaly I installed from the Ubuntu CD then after about 4 months installed KDE and started exploring the world of KDE.
    I only use KDE
    0%
    I use both KDE and Gnome
    0%
    "I Come From the Net, through Systems, Peoples and cities...to this place, MAINFRAME, My format, Guardian, to mend and defend, to protect my new found freinds, thier hopes and dreams, to defend them from...Thier enemies"

Do you KDE and Gnome?

I only use KDE on my computer. 8)

I use GNOME from Ubuntu LiveCDs I got.

Comment

Do you KDE and Gnome?

KDE rockz here
      cheers!
      -=|From the desk of|=-
      «•´`•.(*•.¸(`•.¸ ¸.•´)¸.•*).•´`•»
      «•´¨*•.¸¸whoiam55.¸¸.•*¨`•»
      «•´`•.(¸.•´(¸.•* *•.¸)`•.¸).•´`•»
      Reg. Linux User # 400637

Comment

Re: Do you KDE and Gnome?

I loaded Ubuntu and then added the KDE desktop and other KDE packages from synaptic and installed them. I do use the KDE desktop most of the time. The Kubuntu install seemed too sparce for my liking. I am looking foward to Kubuntu 4.10 as that looks like a tremendous inprovement. We shall see.
        A helping hand has more than five fingers

Comment

I *tried* Gnome after installing it in Kubuntu, and I was not impressed. It looks so, flat. Boring. I am still learning my way around Linux, so I'll stick with KDE as it's at least a little eye-candy-licious while I'm learning.

Comment

i got kde 3.5 beta,gnome,xfce

Comment

Gome works very well. Kudo's to Ubuntu. Kubuntu is what I prefer to use because of the leading edge development of KDE. But unfortunately WiFi problems plague this newest release (5.10) and administrator functions that
              don't work as in previous beta releases. It's frustrating and time consuming. Without wifi connection functionality this distro is useless. Until this problem along with others is fixed,  I guess I'll be waiting until the next release becomes available.

Rich >

Comment

I like both. I am kinda in a mix when it comes to judging which I like most.
                -KDE is i nice elegant DE that is fairly ieasy to customize, but doesnt do dark themes well. But, KDE not to complicated to compile from source and is starting to surpass Gnome in feautres.
                -Gnome is much more themable, but harder to theme. I spent months learning XML to wright gtkrc files. And, the biggest killer for Gnome is that it is so darn hard to compile.
                I have tried to compile Gnome from source. I have made my way threw about 10 files out of a billion then I start getting dependecy errors due to files not being linked well.

So my hat is off to the Ubuntu team for putting Gnome together every 6 months. Thats something I havent accomplished yet..

Comment

KDE, and when I'm in the mood, TWM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ay
                    and when I'm in the mood, TWM.
                    Aha, TWM, I like this desktop, I also like to have Fluefox on old my P-I(266/128MB) box.
                    cheers!
                    -=|From the desk of|=-
                    «•´`•.(*•.¸(`•.¸ ¸.•´)¸.•*).•´`•»
                    «•´¨*•.¸¸whoiam55.¸¸.•*¨`•»
                    «•´`•.(¸.•´(¸.•* *•.¸)`•.¸).•´`•»
                    Reg. Linux User # 400637

Comment

I like KDE.

Comment

i go bothways, jk! Kde, and gnome if i have to.
                        I'm French, I like to be kissed on the mouth!

Comment

Working...
                        X