This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lost hdd in windows disk management

I installed and due to my own needs, un-installed kubuntu using the side by side function. now for what ever reason, windows disk manager does Not show my main hdd.(windows still boots from it.)It just is not seen except when the file browser is opened.). I would like to know how to return it to normal viewing. thank you.

Re: lost hdd in windows disk management

Windows might not show the unpartitioned space. I would use the gparted live cd or parted magic to investigate the partitions. There may have been a problem when they were resized. Windows literally doesn't recognize it's own partition?
    Klaatu Barada Nikto

Comment

Windows literally doesn't recognize it's own partition?< that's true, it does see it in "my computer" but not in "disk management" also I have noticed in *ubuntu os the partition that holds the two os's does not show(no access to it at all) please remember this is not the old type dual boot but the new way of running the os in windows as a program.

Comment

That is weird. If you can boot the Ubuntu live CD and post the output of
        Code:
        sudo fdisk -l
        from a terminal, I can see exactly what is going on.
        Klaatu Barada Nikto

Comment

your request will take some time to do, I am on the road, and away from problem machine for a few weeks. thank you for your interest in this issue. I will be back.thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by guess1259
            ...this is not the old type dual boot but the new way of running the os in windows as a program.
            Meaning, you did a Wubi installation of Kubuntu.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
            X