This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with my Trash Bin

I'm currently running on 10.04 (or whatever the current version is), and came into a little bit of a snag.

I was trying to delete something from my home folder and suddenly dolphin crashed while in the midst of the deletion. Now I can't delete anything because it says my Trash Bin is full, yet there is nothing in it. I had the problem before, but someone else fixed it for me (if it is indeed the same problem). What happened last time (and I'm assuming this time), is that my Trash Bin size was somehow altered so it had absolutely no room on it.

Does anyone know of a list of Terminal commands that would allow me to resize the Trash Bin? Because the only way I can delete things at the moment is by deleting it directly by pressing shift+del

Any help is appreciated.

------------------------------------------------------

Really weird thing I just found out about it, apparently it only does this when I am running dolphin as root.

If I just open dolphin normally it works fine, though I am still screwed when it comes to deleting files that require root permissions.

Re: Problems with my Trash Bin

Have you tried right clicking on the wastebin icon to configure it?

Comment

There was a similar thread here recently. Search the forum for Trash and you will come across Snowhog's answer to your troubles

HTH
      Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

have you tried configuring the Trash can from Configure > Configure Dolphin > Trash ?

I'd check the option to : "empty out the biggest file when Trash is full".

If you were working as root at some stage before this happened have a look at this thread where I got schooled on working as kdesudo within Dolphin :

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3112044.0

Comment

Originally posted by Alateriel
          Really weird thing I just found out about it, apparently it only does this when I am running dolphin as root.

If I just open dolphin normally it works fine, though I am still screwed when it comes to deleting files that require root permissions.
          This is likely because each user (including root) has their own trash bin. If you "trash" files "as root", they'll go to root's trash (/root/.local/share/Trash) and not your user trash (~/.local/share/Trash). It looks like root's trash is full on your system, and needs to be emptied.

Comment

Working...
          X