This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VMware resets Kubuntu resolution

I'm running Kubuntu 10.04 in a virtual machine (VMware 7).
    When I start-up Kubuntu I change my resolution from 800x600 to 1024x768.
    Everything works perfect, but when I shut down or restart die virtual machine, the resolution is changed back to 800x600.

Does anyone know how to ensure that the resolution stays on 1024x768?

Thank you.

Re: VMware resets Kubuntu resolution

I think you might get more results to your question by asking it on a VMware Forum, given that you are running Linux within a VMware VM, and the issue is the VM configuration/settings, and not Kubuntu. Might I suggest VMware Communities
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Yes, I did that. Thank you. Seems I had to install VMTools in Kubuntu

Comment

Yep

Quote from here:
        http://www.vmware.com/support/ws55/d..._tools_ws.html

Don't Forget VMware Tools

It is very important that you install VMware Tools in the guest operating system.

With the VMware Tools SVGA driver installed, Workstation supports significantly faster graphics performance.

The VMware Tools package provides support required for shared folders and for drag and drop operations.

Other tools in the package support synchronization of time in the guest operating system with time on the host, automatic grabbing and releasing of the mouse cursor, copying and pasting between guest and host, and improved mouse performance in some guest operating systems.
        HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
        4 GB Ram
        Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
        X