This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu goes to sleep, even if music is playing

I have configured my laptop to go to sleep after being idle for 15 minutes. But when I'm listening to music (using Amarok) the machine still suspend to RAM after 15 minutes.
    How can I tell it that playing music is not being idle?

Re: Kubuntu goes to sleep, even if music is playing

Version of Kubuntu? Version of KDE?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: Kubuntu goes to sleep, even if music is playing

Unfortunately, I believe that the criterion for "activity" (in terms of "sleeping") is input from the keyboard or the mouse. The programmers reasoned, perhaps naively, that if you weren't either typing or mousing, you weren't using your computer. Obviously, this was before the days of internet radio. All is not lost, though. If you open up "System Settings">"Edit Profiles", you will see that there are a number of things that you can change. Play around a bit. You can get different responses between having the laptop plugged in, on battery, or even when the battery is lower than some level that you can set. If you're on battery, and the battery is low, you probably don't want the same behavior as you do when the machine is plugged in to a wall socket.

Comment

Working...
      X